1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear door rubber seal-Punto

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by abhinav, Jan 10, 2012.

1. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi,

The rubber seal of both rear doors of my Punto come out. Is this due to manufacturing defect?

What should be the solution for this problem, replacement or is there any adhesive? I believe this is quite important to get fixed as water may seep in the cabin.

Pointers to solve this problem would be great.

Thanks,

Abhinav
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Are you talking about the rubber seal on the upper half of the door or the one on the car body where the door closes.
    The second one sometimes comes out in my car also. I fix it back myself.
  3. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Can you take a picture and upload it here?
  4. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    SAM_0125.jpg SAM_0126.jpg
    Shams I am referring to the one on the car body. As far as I understand, this also should not come out; the one on the front door is well fixed, but this one just falls off.

CountRock am uploading the pictures of both the sides.
  5. somu_200

somu_200

Hyderabad
    it is not a manufacturing defect, in general they are they are removable.
  6. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    somu 200 - the rubber seal just falls off unlike the front door where its well stuck, also I have a 2008 Wagon R where till now there is no issue with the door seal; infact I have taken it to True Value for valuation and the first thing that the guy does is pull out all the seals and checks if there is any rusting on the body.
  7. abhinav ,
    This is a common issue with most of the old Puntos ,atleast .If you take this to TASS , they will fix it with some adhessive .Nothing to worry much ..

With the 2011 batch , it is some what fixed . Mine is a June 2011 batch vehicle . The rubber is yet to come out .

Ajit
  8. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    My friends punto had the same issue we solved it this way may sound stupid but then it worked. We took a cycle tube cute in to small pieces pasted it with leather gum on the body by 1 cm gap from end to end and refixed the beeding now it is tight ad ha never come off .

You wanna try go ahead it worked.
  9. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Thanks a lot Ajit & Manilruben. Both your solutions give me the confidence that adhesive can work. Also visited Galaxy Motors, Goregaon yesterday, first the SA tried to simply put in back, but then when it was not staying stuck he said that this can be changed under warranty. So lets see if the new one (once installed) works better.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Abhinav
  10. It is meant to be removable but at the same time it should not fall off by itself. Have you checked the entire length? I guess it will be a little short (in perimeter) for it to be a tight fit.