1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear Cabin lights for Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Narayan, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    All,

Has anyone tried to install any sort of lighting for Punto rear seats? I feel the rear is a little poorly lit in the punto. I saw a new accessory for reading light in Fiat site. Has anyone installed that accessary? If so, can you please post details on how they install it, wiring sockets etc?

thx
    Narayan
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    The wiring is taken from the brake lights wiring but (obviously) there is a switch in the reading light to switch it On/Off (thats what they told me) . If you are looking for a properly lighted rear, the reading light wont be helpful, as it is only concentrated on a very samll area (size of ur palm/hand). I have seen the accessory when i was getting my jet, but din like it.

By the way, doesnt Punto have back seat lights already??
  3. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Nope the Punto does not have rear seat lights. Im talking for the 75BHP though. Im not sure about the 90BHP vesion.

When you checked on the reading lights, where wast it planned to fix up? New holes to be drilled?
  4. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    u can connect ur light from boot light if u connect it with tail lamp u have to switch on parking lights
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    It would be fix with a small hook, no drilling at all. It could be fixed anywhere u like ar the rear, ar either corner or at the center. Also, u can change the direction of the light if u fix it at the center as the material is bendy or spring like (dnt know the correct word).
  6. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks Ansal. I have noted this down to check with TASS when i visit them for my second service in the next couple of weeks. Hope they have this on stock.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Bets of luck narayan, hope they have it in stock or you can call beforehand and get it ordered if ur too keen on it.
  8. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    Hey Guys, any luck with this lighting thingy?

With my lil one playing behind and dropping her lil toys, I miss the rear-seat light too.

Any other suggestions other than the reading light, since it is concentrated? I dont want to get lights like Cabbies have and want something classier. Please help!
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    you can get one connected similar to the driver side roof lights, but they are after market. The wiring can be taken from the front .
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat website does have Reading Lamp.

Part Number: 59116475 | MRP: RS.1290

L_reading-lamp.jpg