1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear Boot Dent - How to remove the Door panel

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bineeshkulangara, Oct 10, 2012.

1. i have got a dent on my boot (Grande Punto) and the dent.jpg image is attached. Can anyone guide me how to open the boot panel so that i can try my luck it that can be done by pushing that out??

Thanks in advance

2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

The Door panel is easy to remove, there are a few visible screws and one in the handle groove area which is visible as well if you look for it. After removing the screws, just pull the panel to detach it from the 7-8 clips under it. The clips won't break when you pull so don't worry.

That said, there is a metal casing (or whatever you might want to call it) under the panel and hence the Dented area is not accessible straight through. The denting people will use Rods and stuff to access the area. You can't just kick it out.

And from what i see with my tilted neck :punch in the image you posted, there is "crease" around the Dent so it won't bounce back as you might want it to. The metal on the boot door is harder when compared to the other door's so it is even more difficult to bounce back from what i understand.

TASS might say that a new tailgate is required but i am sure competent denters outside can remove this dent pretty easily but re-painting seems inevitable.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey I had an incident where in the exact area got damaged in my car! I took it to TASS body shop for the repair. Paid @3.5k for dent removal and complete boot door paint. No part was replaced except 'EMOTION' badge and was quite satisfied with the quality of work too!
  4. Thanks for the info vj v1 and punto emotion, am gonna leave the vehicle to the body shop.......

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  5. Hi

This is a common issue. In big cities it is quite common to see cars gets dents and scratches (think of those city buses and autos who drives in reckless manner). It pains you much when a new car gets dent / scratch for the first time that too in an early period. When the car gets old, dents / scratches will not hurt you much.

I dont think the door needs to be removed for dent beating. However TASS guys or any other good workshop would fix this up. I had dent and deep scratches on left rear door as well as on left rear wheel arch. Prerana Motors B'lore (TASS) did a good job without removing the door. Dent beating and painting done so well that I could not make out the difference. Paint (Oceanic Blue) matching found to be excellent. They charged about Rs.7K which was paid thru insurance (out of which I paid Rs.1K towards insurance processing fee).

If I am right, Prerana Motors is in Mysore. You may contact them.

Best of luck.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Find any dent remover who can pull the dent to normal. I knew one guy in mumbai who does it for the car dealers.. Just find it at your place that will not cost you more than 1k.. Otherwise go to TASS & get it removed...
  7. Hi Rishike007, I have a similar problem, please provide me the contact of the guy you know in mumbai. i want to get it done.