1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Re-introduction from a very old member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yashwanth, Dec 22, 2014.

1. yashwanth

yashwanth Timido

Hi guys,

My name is Yashwanth and have been a very inactive member since TFI started. I am from Bangalore and work with a valley based startup called Qubole.

I was one of the first Fiat Punto customers from Bangalore, had a Ocean blue beauty for more than 4 years and about 6 months back sold it after clocking 90k+ km on the beauty. Not many cars can talk about zero maintainence for almost a lakh km and the kind of ride quality that the punto offers.

Apart from drooling over fiat cars, im passionate about Theater & Photography. I hope to be more active on this group and look forward to interacting with you all,

Eagerly waiting for the delivery of my new Linea Tjet

varunrtr, bharath, prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI and wow! Thats a fantastic run with your Punto. Congrats for your new Jet and wish you many more happy miles with Tjet
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Once a Fiatian, always a Fiatian. You proved it. Welcome to the forum. Good to know that you had a dream experience with the Punto. Did you have the petrol or a diesel Punto? Your expertise/experience of owning a Punto will help many a TFIians who have bought one recently.
  4. yashwanth

yashwanth Timido

I had a diesel active variant. These were the following modifications I had made to the stock unit

1. Original Punto Alloys along with Continental premium 195 / 60 R15 tyres. I upgraded the tyres at 25k km and the new owner replaced the tyres at 1L + .. so a good 75k km run on those tyres.
    2. Pioneer single Din music system with Polk Audio component in the front, polk audio coaxial at the back rigged to a hertz 4 channel amplifier and a polk subwoofer. Total spend on this was 35k.
    3. Pete's performance kit - put this after 35k km run and I think this was one of the best purchases made. It bumped up the power by about 35% and i got a mileage increase of about 5% in the city and about 25 % on highway. Spend on this was 28k.

Driving in the city average mileage was about 15 and on the highways it was in the range of 23 - 27 kmpl. Top speed Ive pushed the car was upto 190. Even at 190, the car was rock solid.

Only spend on the car was the regular 15k km service and had replaced the clutch and increased the height when Fiat came with the higher ground clearance set up.

This time around, I kept an open mind and test drove the following cars .
    Ford Fiesta, Scoda Rapid, Vento, Jetta, Duster.

Final toss up was between fiesta and Linea and the lack of petrol engine in the fiesta along with their poor service record was a bummer. So I was back in the Fiat Fold.

Hope this helps.