1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Re: How to remove the head rest

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by vinay rathore, Mar 11, 2011.

1. I know it sounds funny but I am not able to remove the headrest. Someone please tell me how to do it?
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You have two ways to remove them
    First one is to remove the black covers and press the button to remove the headrest
    Second one too use some thing to press the button through the hole present on black cover to remove the headrest

I hope you understand well if not I will post some pictures on how to remove them
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    [attachment=0:8k5j0nyr]remove headrest.JPG[/attachment:8k5j0nyr]Source Internet : Pics are self explanatory. :wink:

remove headrest.JPG
  4. Couldn't find the button shown in Pic 1.
    Infact there are holes of needle tip size on both sides of the head rest.
  5. anyone knows how to remove the headrests ?
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    There is a small hole by the side of the plastic through which the headrest stalk goes down. Insert a pointed object like a small pointed screw driver or nail through the hole and press and lift the headrest up.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    2012-08-26_20-17-54_7.jpg

I think roy is mentioning this hole on the plastic. In fact there are holes on both the plastics that are attached to the seats through which the head rest stalks go down. I tried inserting a nail, pin through it and tried pulling out the stalk but in vain.

Can anyone enlighten on how to get this done? I have got a small pouch that can be hung on the seat so that i can hold some essential stuff for me. I am sharing the picture of the pouch too.

2012-08-26_20-29-45_112.jpg
  8. sushilbiddu

sushilbiddu

Karnal
    Headrest can be removed by using two cycle's wheel wire ( hope you all understand) and insert both simultaneously and press. I did it like this. I keep both wires in tool kit.
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    do you mean spokes in a cycle wheel?

I think i will have to take help from someone as i find it difficult to insert and press something in that hole all by myself.
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ya.. i have removed it many times...one has to put cycle spoke size wire in the hole mentioned above ...keep inserting by applying force and at the same ti,e pull the headrest....do it on both sides...