1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

RDC fiat sales and service @ Vellore

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by Ruban, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Ruban

Ruban Timido

vellore
    Vellore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Address:
    RDC Motors
    No.9, Indira Nagar, Perumugai, Vellore - 632009
    Near to Ford Showroom. on NH4.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 24, 2015 ---
    i have booked for Punto Evo 1.3 .

Eagerly waiting for the response from RDC vellore.
    Hebbar likes this.
  2. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats !!
  3. Ruban

Ruban Timido

vellore
    Vellore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    RDC Fiat is from Chennai anna nagar, Now they have started sales and service in Vellore from Last year(2014)..

I won a Fiat palio Stile 1.1 SLE, i'm exchanging the same for punto evo.

I got a year end offer + loyalty bonus of Rs. 1 lakh, additionally car exchange price.

total price of punto evo 1.3 emotion is 8.7 lakhs(on road,
    after bonus and car exchange i need to pay 6.9 lakhs on road.

They take care of everything including registration and SBI Car loan. i submitted all my docs to RDC fiat, they initiated the loan process.

Had test drive of punto evo. car is smooth and fine.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  4. Ruban

Ruban Timido

vellore
    Vellore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Car has arrived in the Vellore showroom, But they have drove the car from RDC chennai to RDC vellore for delivery.
    i had checked the PDI of the car, Sales person previously said that it will be a Nov month make. But it is SEP 2015 make.
    Other things i'll let you know during my delivery time
  5. Hebbar

Hebbar Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats for the new car, By the way how much you got for Fiat palio Stile 1.1 SLE?
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations @Ruban!
    I visited the Vellore RDC in September to get my Linea checked and washed after a drive of 1600+ km to Vellore. I saw the new Abarth 595 Compitizione there. The experience was good, though the place is small.
    How is the business at that outlet? You may get some idea fro them!
  7. Ruban

Ruban Timido

vellore
    Vellore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have sold my Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 SLE for 85K. It was a petrol engine with few issues in it
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 29, 2016 ---
    The service is okay kind. Not as good as RDC chennai. I could see there are vehicles in the service area always (atleast in the weekends), there are 8-10 service bays available.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 29, 2016 ---
    New Punto Evo Experience.

Car is very nice and smooth in higher rpm and speed. With AC on, can feel a slight feel of lag.
    done 1000+ kms with the car.

Bad thing is that RDC motor lost all the delivery vehicles documents in the Chennai due to Chennai Rain flood during Dec 2015.
    So the Registration process is bit delayed from their side. Since RTO requires FIR, and Fire station proof for the loss.

I planned to get the vehicle before 25th DEC, 2015. But due to above issues, i Got my vehicle in hand on 16th JAN 2016 with only a TEMP reg.

RDC owned the TEMP reg fees (6000Rs) which is one month valid.

This makes me bit worried.

Waiting for permanent reg in FEB 2016.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  8. Ruban

Ruban Timido

vellore
    Vellore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi All,

Its been 2 months using my Punto EVO 1.3 MJD Emotion variant.
    Car riding quality is too good.

I get a mileage of 20.3 kmpl totally (3650 kms done). Highway (~22.2 kmpl 1700 kms with AC ON but maintain 2000 rpm)

Fit and finish in the interiors is not good. I could see poor finish interiors. especially the rear AC vents.
    Rama likes this.
  9. Ruban

Ruban Timido

vellore
    Vellore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    have done 4500 kms in 2.5 months, i could notice few parts in the car is not well fitted.
    Again fit and finish is not to the standards.

Rear AC vents very poor finish.
    Driver side small storage unit (right to the steering) could see gap in the door.

Got a chance to drive 2015 Hyundai Verna, dont have words to explain the smoothness of the car.
    after driving Verna diesel, punto evo 1.3 i could feel that punto gearbox is not smooth, it is sluggish, rubbery.
    Verna gear box is small and smooth and quick in shifting.

No noise level in Verna. Punto engine has much noise.

Punto with AC ON makes much more noise level.
  10. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @Ruban, it is sad to read you have these issues with your Punto, but I have one query - Are these issue reported by other Punto / Linea owners? Though, members have some reservations about fit-n-finish of FIAT cars vis-à-vis other brands, but not to this level IMO. Is it that the one you got has these specific issues? In my view, this is quite possible. Or cars of the same lot may have these issues!