1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

RD Motors: Accident service report. :: Repair complete.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arichakra, Feb 3, 2011.

1. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Re: Accident service report.

@arichakra ,

make sure you get a list of parts that will be replaced . A very similar issue happened with me too and in my car the front bumper and the grills were replaced . Make sure you get the logo cuz they will charge you for a new logo and also steal away your old logo . So make sure you get that logo as soon as you can . It might prove of use in future if ever the logo is stolen .
  2. arichakra

arichakra

Kolkata

Bala - Sorry for the typo..its brake. Actually I can’t recall if I could apply the brake with enough pressure to stop the car! . Probably the unanticipated abruptness of the accident didn't allow me time to maneuver away or to apply brake.
    IMO there is some history of this kind of doubt of mine. Let me explain – I always release the clutch (floor the clutch) before applyiEvidently- it did not stop, although the brakes are seems to be in good working condition of my car; even after the accidentng brake. Always apply brake in a relaxed manner, slowly. Never ever faced any situation where I had hard braked (where the wheel skids on the road with that sound..) the car before this accident. So all these exercise takes some amount of extra time to effectively slowdown the car. Especially the ‘release the clutch’ adds some extra momentum to the car as it cuts off the engine from the drivetrain and deducts ‘engine braking’ capabilities.

Ansal – It may take around 15 days as per TASS, although they hadn’t committed anything.

“Moral of the Story - Long Nose and Small Brain causes Major accidents” - it’s really funny FastLove.

gautamkhadse – Thanks for the advices. I’m actually anxious regarding the integrity of the people/institute involved in the repair operation. I’ll try to keep track of all these as best as I can. I saw the logo is kept inside my car on the dashboard in a plastic bag last evening. I’ll check if I can take it away. Could not trace the headlamp assemblies although!

Updates –

Today morning got a call from TASS & they tell me a list of items that’s approved by the insurer to replace/repair. Following is the list..
    • Bonnet
    • Front Bumper
    • Cross member
    • Tie member
    • Condenser
    • Headlight

They may also replace carburetor if it’s found to be bad on a later stage. I ask them to start the repair job.
    It seems it’s going to be heavy for my pocket as at least 50% of plastic (Front Bumper) & headlamps would be charged to me.
    Problem is whenever I ask for the price of any item, whatever it is; they say it’s around 4K to 5K. For example – they indicated the cost of Front Bumper as 4.5K while it’s actually around 1.5K as per a price list that I have. For headlight they indicated a price of 5K each, while its 2.6K as per the list. I’m attaching the list, please check it. Also please share the price list, if you have any...

Not sure how/when I can get a complete spare list with part number from them. Then I plan to validate the same with Fiat, if possible.

As the insurer (Future Generally) is also involved in this case, don’t know if they also have any part to play on the price of spares.
    Plan to visit TASS today evening or tomorrow just to check the progress.[attachment=0:30s6aojf]punto%20spare%20parts.pdf[/attachment:30s6aojf]

Attached Files:

3. arichakra

arichakra

Kolkata

Update:

Work is started on scratches & dents. As usual some of the parts are not available so they have asked for those from Fiat.
    The insurance guy has approved all but a few scratches, I dont know why!! :confused1
    Thinking of posting a complain to Future Generali regarding this.
    See the picture to understand.
    I'll update with more details later..

(In the picture You refer to Future Generali)
    [attachment=0:2kyvfyg7]Punto Repair Job.jpg[/attachment:2kyvfyg7]

Punto Repair Job.jpg
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

Arichakra,
    I had asked you about the brakes because even my car is just back after a major accident and the brakes had been applied as am told,still the accident happened.Visit the TASS every alternate day and supervise the work done
  5. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

The dynamics of accidents like these have more to do with driver's reflexes ...and what vehicles around your car are doing.....If the driver in front of your car slams the breaks at the time when every other vehicle is moving...there is hardly anything you and your car can do about that....its just a matter a split second too early ....a split second too late......

I would ask to to stop worrying about the breaks....as there have been instances when people saved their Ass just because the Linea/Punto has great breaks ....add to it some good driving reflexes...and its a great combination.

Its not the car that makes mistake...its the human being at the steering wheel that is responsible for that.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2

Yeah, its not the fault of the brakes as i am concerned correct me if i am wrong, the brakes will perform its duty well as far as the brake shoe and the brake oil is up to the mark. It merely takes a fraction of a second to apply the proper pressure on the brake pedal to get the car to complete stand still.
    Anyways Arichakra your TW punto will be with you soon as if nothing was wrong, take care and drive safe, keep safe distance, Place the TFI sticker at the rear bumber "Its not a Race keep the Space" ..))
  7. Re: Accident service report.

sorry to hear about your accident.
    Usually the people at the TASS or any other service hike the prices when we claim insurance. It happened quite a few times to me and my relatives.
    With that wine color body be a little careful as the colours of the new part(bonnet, bumper) might be shiny than the remaining body shell.
  8. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)

Hey!!

Sorry to Hear about this accident - But thank your stars all is well that ends well - as long as you are fit and fine.

You need to Bargain with your guys and threaten them a little stating you will Escalate the Issue on Prices and you will Bad mouth the Tass dealer on all the Websites. Also not to forget that you will write a detailed report on all the Shit that they are putting you through for spending money from your pocket. You all need to raise your vocal Volume chords a little for things to happen your way!!
    If your headlights are Ok then ask them not to replace it and claim the same from the Insurance company to reduce the Load on your Pocket.

Hope all ends well for you!!
  9. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

sorry to hear abt it.

but to share with you, today morning I escaped a certain similar or worse accident at ISBT bridge red light in Delhi.

I was going to see a relative hospitalised and was in a stupid hurry. Tried to cross at wee bit end of green light and was seeing the light unmindful of a HC which has actually applied its brakes on the Yellow warning light. I was actually travelling into HC, just some good luck and ABS stopped my car few decimeters away from HC.

Tell you guys the noise was so huge that every one around (its a crowded junction) had a sure look of seeing an accident.

Second time that I have used ABS and saved myself from disaster.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2

AXn next time when you are on the visit to hospital or on emergency do relax before driving, and thats the time you should keep safe distance and let the fellow pass you.