1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

RD Motors: Accident service report. :: Repair complete.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arichakra, Feb 3, 2011.

1. arichakra

arichakra

Kolkata
    Guys,
    Faced a major accident with my Punto yesterday while returning home at around 8 PM. Just after starting from a traffic signal post on NH34, a mini truck stops all of a sudden in front of me & I banged into it really hard. All that I can remember is that my right foot is on the brack, left one has floored the clutch-lever, engine is running, head lamps are ON & the car is stopped just after a huge bang. Speed should be around 30 KMPH. I heard a 'scrrrrrrccchhh' noice of tyre skidding on the road but not sure either it was my tyre or that of that mini track.

Actually I'm not sure if at all I could applied the brack or not!!!! :hit

Front bumper is brocken along with damage of some internal parts. Deposited the CAR to TASS (RD Motors) today morning & initiated the process of insurance claim. with Future Generali.

I'll keep this post updated with the service details & experience with the insurance claim process.

All with a really heavy heart.
    I'm missing my Punto. I'm sorry for her...

[attachment=0:z7uwj0i1]Sorry1.JPG[/attachment:z7uwj0i1]

View attachment Sorry1.JPG
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: Accident service report.

Sorry to hear bout the accident. Hope you are completely alright. Sad to see such a beauty getting damaged. Dnt worry, she will be back lookin as new as possible.
  3. arichakra

arichakra

Kolkata

Yes Ansal11, I'm OK. I was shocked but there was no physical harm.
    Also there was no damage in the interior of the car.

Future Genereli is good so far, they had intimeted me regarding the claim status using SMS throughout the day. Updated me with the contact details of the inspector/serveyor.

The serveyor has completed the servey of the CAR at the TASS within resonable amount of time. He had approved the work to be done and as per TASS the work has already started on my car.
    I went there today evening and found that had they had removed the front bumper, headlights etc.
    TASS informed me that the serveyor will inspect the car once again to assess the damage that is 'under the hood'. After that he'll give the final work order. (and probably I'll get a proper estimation of cost after that)
    TASS had stated that the approximate cost of the repair could be around 50K to 60K; around 10K to 12K of the amount might go from my pocket. This is a approximation including the depriciation, plastic parts & for some other polish jobs that I agree to carry on.

After the accident the headlamps ware working fine. I drove the rest to my home with the headlamps ON; even could not found any visible damage on it. TASS told me today that the headlamps/headlamp assemblies are also damaged and kind of insisted me to replace those also. I found the lamps are removed from my car today evening. Hope all they are doing for good only.

Anyway, lets see when I get my car properly repaired.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Good to hear that ur Fine. How long have they said it would take for the repair work. Not sure about the cost though. May be other members can comment on that.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2

Sorry to hear it, Thanks God you are fine, and dont worry dude, the Beauty will be back in as new from the showroom,
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

Sorry to hear about the accident and thankfully you are safe.
    Can you eloborate as to what you meant in the second paragraph-applying brack??,did you mean brake and do you have doubts if you had applied brake??
    Iam begining to think as to why there are so many accidents involving Linea and Punto??
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

@arichakra - Get well soon to your punto. Am sure the rock solid punto took good care of you..

Yeah btw ..i too am wondering why only lineas and puntos meeting with accidents in a "Fiat only" forum ? ::V

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Bala, a few figures for you. And these figures are only for 2009 as i dont have the figures for 2010.

India's share in global car accidents - 14.3 percent i.e out of all the accidents in the world 14.3 % happens in India.

Toal no. of accidental deaths in 2010 - 1 lac 20 thousand and these are the repoted deaths, many are not even reported.

So i am sure there are not that many punto's and linea's there in India. ::V

No offence, what i mean is , being in such a vast country with such a large population and such heavy traffic condition, there are bound to be accidents and this being a Fiat forum, would only report Accidents with Fiat.

Thats a good one Fastlove :clap
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I think cause may be a long nose of GP & Linea.So some owner/drivers can't get judgement .

My Driver had also done a small accident. But in my case,a Truck came reverse on incline.

I think my driver was fool.Because of long nose of GP he did not kept " Proper Safe Distance "
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Moral of the Story - Long Nose and Small Brain causes Major accidents :boxer :lol: