1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

RC Book not received

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by vinit, May 16, 2015.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

I purchased Linea in first week of Jan 2015, registered at Kalyan RTO (MH 05).. However, I have still not received the RC book, neither I have received any SMS from RTO..

Does it really take so much time (more than 4 months now) to receive the RC book nowadays ? Does anyone know any contact number for enquiry ?
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Same here, my Avventura (MH 12, Pune) got delivered on Feb 1, 2015, RC smart card not yet delivered.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Isn't there some RTO process/policy change (pretty major) underway in maharashtra, by the Government? That's what one had heard and read. That might have a lot to do with it?
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Generally the RC should be received with 45 days of the vehicle registration. If not received as yet, contact the dealer as they are involved in the vehicle registration. Maybe they must have not submitted all the required documents. Also since the last transport commissioner had banned the Agents/touts within RTO premises, work inside the RTO was severely affected as the govt officials were not used to working efficiently, they relied more on the agent doing the work on their behalf.

I hope you guys must have received the receipt of the vehicle registration. IIRC the smart cards were exhausted and the contract with TCS who was maintaining the smart car issue was not renewed. There was also news that a paper certificate would be issued in the interim. Check with local post office if they had recd/misplaced the same.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Today, received the RC printed on the paper like it use to come 5 years back

Upon enquiry with a RTO agent I came to know that smart card RC system is suspended or abandoned in Pune RTO, not sure about rest of India.

PS :Honest RTO commissioner Mahesh zagade has been transferred within
    few months.
  6. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Still not received the RC book even after 7 months, so visited the RTO office. They gave some reasons like, there is a court case going on between the Smart card vendor and government and hence the delay. After so much of persuading and talking to the main RTO officer personally, they issued me a one page print out, which they called as RC extract with stamp and signature of the RTO. It contains all information about the car like engine number, chassis number, registration number etc. They also said that i can drive the car anywhere in India based on this document. Now my question is if this document is sufficient then why the RC book is required? Also what is the legal validity of this RC extract? Or is it just a way to silence the aggrieved car owners...?
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The document will be very much valid if it have the necessary stampings for the RTO authority. Unfortunately the Smart Card issue has not yet been sorted out and RTO's had to resort to printing the RC on a paper format.

But 7 months is too long a period, you should have chased the dealer in getting the formalities completed. I hope you have cross verified the car details on the paper given to you by RTO. There is a whole set of idiots currently sitting on various tables in the RTO offices. :mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead:
  8. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    My car is registered in Pune in this January. I have received RC paper only after 6 months of registration.
  9. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    To be fair to the dealers, they are also helpless now since as per the new process, the RTO has stopped entertaining agents / dealers in such matters.

Also, whenever I am calling the RTO office, they always give the standard reply "RC book has been dispatched" But they never give the Speed Post Number for the same. I checked in the Post office also, but no trace there too.
  10. diptendu

diptendu Timido

bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Me too not yet received my punto evo registration smart card.I got my vehicle delivered Aug 2015 . I am from bangalore and my dealer was KHT and rto is 03 (indiranagar).What to do ?? please suggest.