1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rattling with Rear seat - Design Issue

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vayfiat, Nov 9, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @vista7155
    Please do not expect a solution (the rear 60 ratio) seat issue to be resolved any time soon, just for the fact that its a major Design issue and the problem has been reported to the FIAT and the seat manufacturer. Even today i inquired about this, its the same state.

And being in the product company, my gut feeling from the experiences says that any core design issue like this, is not easy to fix or a viable solution because that solution has to be rolled out to every car on the road all across, second the cost in investigating and solution finding is more, third unless its a majorly reported issue by all customers or a life threatening problem say ABS, steering, etc. At max, they might give away a workaround to the issue which may not be in a few days atleast.

Please note, i am not supporting FIAT or anybody, just presenting the facts which i understand.
  2. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    FIAT and Vecto is doing some follow up. I'm waiting for that "threshold" level to reach, beyond which I will escalate the issue to Mangesh. I want them to confirm why only a few is suffering while it is clear that the design itself is a failure. If they fail, will need to do some innovation and get it fixed by ourself. :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 19, 2014 ---
    Forgot to update - Nowadays I drive around with rear seat folded :)
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vayfiat I have not seen how it gets fitted, but I don't have any rattling sound from seat, at-least no significant sound which I could have noticed.
    We will wait to see what Fiat has to say officially on this.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks @Ravi. It has been two days since they called me. It is time for me to call Vecto and check the status. If many are not getting the issue, I will assume that mine is a manufacturing defect - this means FIAT is depending on some manufacturing precision so that the rattles don't ever develop in the seat setup.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Can the bolt which the seat rests can be changed? @vayfiat, in your case they have changed the seat lock and tried, but futile. Try this and see if possible.
  6. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    @zenwalker It is just a simple bolt right? And the bolt stays firm too. I don't have any valid arguments to put forward in order to get it changed under warranty.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Ideally the bolt should stay firm and strong, yet when the seats starts rattling during the drive its not predictable whether the bold is as well letting the seat to rattle or its just the seat alone. This may sounds strange or weird to you, but at this moment you cannot rule out any possibilities, isnt it?
    If they do offer for a seat change, go for it only if its under warranty. Yes you may not have a concrete solution, but IMO atleast youll have a better seat for a while than the rattling one. Who knows the new seats might solve like other guys who are done 30,40, 60k ODO dont have like for example @Ravi. I see in your case, no body occupies the rear seat at all most of the times isnt it.
  8. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes @zenwalker, I will accept seat change even though I don't think that will resolve the issue. But definitely, I will go for rounds of testing with them to see what is happening. Regarding the bolt on which lock gets latched - I believe that is staying super strong since it is attached to the body with bolts and nuts. Reason: I have tried dampening stuff on the latch and it always have reduced the rattle.
  9. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    What finally was the resolution? Have you found out a way to reduce the rattles?
  10. KVRFiat

KVRFiat Timido

Near Shoba Apartments, Kanakapura Road
    Bengaluru
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    My Palio 1.9D had a same rattling sound, more on rear left side corner, each service i used to remind workshop guys (Hariprasad Automobiles). They used to tell me car is aged, need to change weather door seal etc..
    Three weeks ago I bought a grease and applied to all the door locks including the rear bench seat holders, now rattling sound is reduced by 95%.