1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rattling/Thud Thud Sound from Rear Suspension

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nixnarayanan, Jun 29, 2013.

1. nixnarayanan

nixnarayanan Timido

Hello All,

Last week i had given my 4.5 Years old Fiat Punto for Part Replacements at RDC FIAT. There was a small niggle in the rear suspension, for which the service engineer advised me to replace the suspension and front link rods, along with the other part replacements which i had instructed him. Intrestingly, there was no noise earlier, whereas, after the Shock Absorber Replacement, there is thud thud/rattling sound which is coming from the Rear LH Tyre Area, which is very prominent in undulating roads of Chennai. What could be the probable solution? Called up the Service Engineer, he asked me to come with the vehicle for a check up after 5th of July. Absolutely disappointed like a patient who went with a minor leg pain and the doctor had amputed his leg itself.

Somebody? Any Thoughts?
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Just check if the boot is also replaced with the shockers.They tend to make thud thud noise if become loose as happened in my case.
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Normally Punto's generally make thud sound from the rear. Pls take the car with them and check if the shocks are mounted properly. This can also be shocks mounting problem.