1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rattles in 2012 Models

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Relativity, May 28, 2012.

?

Does your 2012 Fiat Rattle?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2012.
  1. 2012 Model & rattle resolved by TASS

8.7%
  2. 2012 Model & rattle resolved outside TASS

13.0%
  3. 2012 Model & unresolved rattle

52.2%
  4. 2012 Model & absolutely no rattles

26.1%
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    raj@tfi: In car accessories shop the damping sheets are available which need to be fitted in between door and the plastic panels of doors which reduces the unncessary sound and reduces the rattling as well. The approximate price of damping for all 4 doors of Punto is Rs. 5000.
  2. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    Thanks Asif for pointing out. I've spoken to Malik Cars, Hyderabad about this and they have asked me to bring the car in on Weds / Thursday, next week. Fingers crossed (and I hope), this will be the final episode in the rattling saga for me.
  3. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    I took the car to Malik Cars yesterday. The team there has pulled all stops to try and get rid of the problem. They did a very systematic stripdown of the boot and the rear seat, the c-pillar plastics, doing a trial run at each stage to diagnose the different noises. Right now, the loudest rattle is from the left rear door. So the door is fully stripped and the investigation is on.

Whilst the problem is being worked on, i wanted to share that i am impressed with their dedication to the task. My previous experience with Tejaswi was that they dismissed the issue as "normal" when they realised it was a big job. They did a very poor job of putting back the seat and boot back after the last investigation with them. The Malik crew showed me some of the remnants of the work (which included a screw driver left behind and the car seat bolt left half tightened and jammed).

The team at Malik has taken my crib seriously! I see a lot more customer centricity in their actions.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to know buddy that people are considering the issue seriously and working towards it. Same was the case with me at Aadya motors when I complained about rattling. It took 3 visits to resolve but everytime they were really helpful and patient enough to address the issue. Finally touchwood, things are fine now!

Hope your rattle issue is also resolved soon :up
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Wurth Damping sheets are very cheap. They charge 2050 +taxes for all Four Door and Boot Dampening here in chennai
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Thanks for the info, please let us know where you got them done? Is it in TyreStore's branch?

Sent from my Cynus T2 using Tapatalk 2
  7. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    I am still hearing the sheet metal rattle in the C-Pillar. I don't think the liquid cavity filler Fiat used is an effective or permanant solution. When i spoke about this to the Fiat Tech support during the Ranjangaon visit, they said that it wasn't a serious issue and won't affect the integrity of the car. So, I am not really sure whether this nag will get resolved. Has this problem been rectified in 2012 models produced after April?

BTW, i have noticed that the rattle is prominent when the sheet metal is hot (e.g., after parking the car in the sun or driving it on a hot day). I almost always don't hear the sound early mornings.
  8. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Bro it is in EA. I will be getting them done by this weekend. When are you planning to do it. If possible we will do it together and ask for some discounts.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sure mate. My car is lying at RDC for its first service. Moreover, doing damping for the crappy paper cone speakers which Fiat has provided as OE would be an overkill. I would do the damping as soon as I upgrade the speakers. Are your speakers stock or upgraded? And are you opting for damping just for rattles or for better SQ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How about the workmanship from these guys? I haven't heard great about them yet. They shouldn't create any new rattles after opening the door panels.