1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rattles in 2012 Models

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Relativity, May 28, 2012.

?

Does your 2012 Fiat Rattle?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2012.
  1. 2012 Model & rattle resolved by TASS

8.7%
  2. 2012 Model & rattle resolved outside TASS

13.0%
  3. 2012 Model & unresolved rattle

52.2%
  4. 2012 Model & absolutely no rattles

26.1%
  1. June 2012 Linea - Tick-tick sound coming from parcel tray side. It comes on rough patches. I will try to locate and fix this weekend. Its really irritating to have rattles in new car!
  2. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think the issue is not specific to 2012 model, mine is 2011 model and there's rattling noise from both front doors though hey have been "fixed" many times. Inaddition there was rattling noise from rear seat which was finally fixed by TASS in the third attempt after re-fixing the rear seat. The latest is some new noise from dashboard :-(.
  3. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

At last, after 10k kms, my car too showed minor rattles in front doors. But a thorough damping solved all. Mine is 2012 model.
    Instead of wasting time with TASS, get you doors damped. Its really worth, even if you are't into too much of audio installs.
  4. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    What does rattles mean?
  5. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have a 2011 Punto (42K) and does not rattle except for the reverse sensor's mirror fixed on the stock mirror. However my 2012 Alto was rattling from Day 1 :).
  6. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    The rattles are back in my car. If Fiat suggests the cavity filler as a solution to your complaint, do consider rejecting it. It is a temporary fix!
  7. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Mohandas motors(TVM,Kerala) has solved the welding complaints in 2012 models,I had a small chat with the technical support guy from Fiat,who came to check the same rattling complaint from the area around parcel tray for a black Linea,he also checked ma complaint regarding the door and glovebox alignment.He advised the service centre guyz to spot weld the car having the issue,it was done in his presence and the issue was solved.The service centre guyz has solved the same issue with another car without any assistance from FIAT.
  8. Manik

Manik

Delhi
    Hello all
    I own a Punto 1.3 MJD 2012..jst 4mnths old ...from last 20 days rattling noise from the left back side gate is coming and is increasing day by day..i went to Techno Auto ,Delhi they only helped in increasing the noise ...experience with techno ws bad...thinking visiting the HIM Motors Patparganj delhi.I hope it can get rectified easily :(
  9. It is there in my 2010 model Punto too, It comes from the plastic part as to confirm it I removed all the plastic part and drove the car there wasn't any sound.
    FIAT engineers unnecessarily recommend doing spot welding but it is not required to fix this.I have learned to ignore it :)

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

All though off topic just wanted respond,look at remapping options,with it you can still make D segment cars worried.
  10. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Can anybody clarify what does "Dampening of the doors "mean. I have changed the Locks of the left front door itself, but still it hasnt stopped to rattle. Which means it isnt a door lock or any lock alignment issue. Its something else, which none of the Tata service centres are able to resolve.