1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rattles in 2012 Models

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Relativity, May 28, 2012.

?

Does your 2012 Fiat Rattle?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2012.
  1. 2012 Model & rattle resolved by TASS

8.7%
  2. 2012 Model & rattle resolved outside TASS

13.0%
  3. 2012 Model & unresolved rattle

52.2%
  4. 2012 Model & absolutely no rattles

26.1%
  1. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    @Relativity..what sound do you hear on humps?

I hear a squeaking sound...on every hump..
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Same here. So they agreed to replace it under warranty or did you ask them to do it?
  3. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Me too having the same problem, mine is also 3.5 months old, :(
  4. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    My 2012 Linea had this problem and after a lot of chasing, Fiat sent their technical expert to Hyderabad to take a look. After investigating it, they said they wouldn't be able to spot weld it and hence used a cavity filler (sounded like some sort of a glue for this specific purpose) to get rid/dampen of the rattle. The cabin now is substantially quieter, though the rattle hasn't disappeared 100%.

Do we know how serious this welding issue is? Can it degrade into something more serious later (a structural problem)? My question really is whether the symptom has been cured at the cost of the root cause?

Expert thoughts from the forum will really be appreciated!
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I can feel that the shocker is week + there is dreaded sound from the back right door...
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I agree. Fiat should know the cause and should issue a recall and fix this free of cost for all affected cars. But I know they won't. We will need to get it fixed from TASS or outside.
  7. r2d2

r2d2

Feb 2012 Linea. Front Left door has a constant tick-tick sound, this has been there from day one. I have completed 12000 kms, each one was covered with music from the door. TASS could not fix it during the first service, they promised to help our during the second service. Lets hope it is fixed. Otherwise the car is doing great, feels solid, safe and comfortable.
    FIAT sells 150+ps models of the Linea in Brazil, here in India we get souped up hackback engine in a car that pleads for a larger heart. Give this machine a larger heart and D segment cars will be worried about their status (looks, comfort and power)
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  8. soori

soori

Dubai
    Same here. I have it the front left door from day 2 and now in the front right door too. Front right door disappears when u put pressure. (I guess they need to tighten the door pad)
  9. soori

soori

Dubai
    Same here. I have it the front left door from day 2 and now in the front right door too. Front right door disappears when u put pressure. (I guess they need to tighten the door pad)
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    same here if i press the door...noise is gone