1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rattles in 2012 Models

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Relativity, May 28, 2012.

?

Does your 2012 Fiat Rattle?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2012.
  1. 2012 Model & rattle resolved by TASS

8.7%
  2. 2012 Model & rattle resolved outside TASS

13.0%
  3. 2012 Model & unresolved rattle

52.2%
  4. 2012 Model & absolutely no rattles

26.1%
  1. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Even my Linea 2012 mjd rattles in the door area. The car is of April 2012 make. The rattle is minor but sometimes it's irritating as you don't expect it from such a new model. Even the driver armrest near the gear makes some noise if you happen to put too much pressure while driving.
    - Other issue
    - Fuel Lid cable stopped working. Fixed at Fortune Motors, Powai
    - Have installed speakers in front. The rattle is more on left door when volume is increased
  2. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    i like it that way DAMPENING
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Take it to a near by dhaba & have a CHAI party (tea party)!!Man, that just some lose screw inside window. Get it fixed, that's not rattling.IMO, Rattling is clank or heavy metal sound hitting something which can come from axles, suspension arms, shock absorbers or broken parts of the body like bumpers etc etc.

There is no "RATTLE SNAKE" in 2012 FIATs.Come on guys, FIAT's are the toughest piece of machine around that you can buy at lesser price than much fragile stuff.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    My car is going to TASS this Saturday for a complete checkup as TASS agreed that the rattles are way too much and they are not able to identify if it is the suspension setup or poor quality plastics or something else. What they do agree is that 2012 quality is questionable in Puntos as too many cars have unresolved noises and other issues. Mine for example, is going for a suspension/rattles/clutch assembly change/power window regulator change. The Car is just 3.5 months old and is currently parked and I am using my bike. Why? Because it's difficult to drive a car with worn out clutch assembly + poor suspension and rattles.

All of us love our Fiats but let us embrace it for the good parts and the bad parts. It may not be perfect but we still love the ride. There is no harm in constructive criticism.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. I wish all your issues get resolved soon.
    1 person likes this.
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MIne is 3.5 months old car and right side shocker is gone......TASS has ordered it....meanwhile the bumps on bonets are increasing day by day.......noise has not gone from right side door...had a pathetic experience in First Service...
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    There is one major noise problem in 2012 lineas due to faulty spot welding at the rear. FIAT has not trained TASS to rectify those. The problem was a double / thick than usual spot weld in the rear porting which is causing rattling problem.
    This is what both my friends who purchased lineas on my recommendation told me after keeping their cars for almost 1 week with TASS.

They are simply cursing me for forcing them to buy FIAT :)
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    How did u know shockers were gone?

What were the symptoms?
  9. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TASS told me during first service that it has become weak and they will replace it under warranty...they have ordered it....
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Mine will be checked for suspension shortly as I can hear a sound when I go over speedbumps and the rattles on left side front of the car.
    What did you notice about your suspension?