1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rattles in 2012 Models

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Relativity, May 28, 2012.

?

Does your 2012 Fiat Rattle?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2012.
  1. 2012 Model & rattle resolved by TASS

8.7%
  2. 2012 Model & rattle resolved outside TASS

13.0%
  3. 2012 Model & unresolved rattle

52.2%
  4. 2012 Model & absolutely no rattles

26.1%
  1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    we will write to Fiat if the numbers on this poll reach a substantial level.
    2 people like this.
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We should write about OB colour also.....same colour is available in Vento also.....but it didnt had small scratches that our car pic up while cleaning.....
    1 person likes this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I agree OB is hard to maintain but then no blue or black or TW is easy to maintain either.
    Daily use of Jopasu pretty much does the trick.
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Well what I've observed is that when I park my car under sun for quite some time and then drive it off, minor rattles are heard from doors which soon disappears once a/c takes in-cabin temp down. Else there is no major rattles in my 2012 punto, just some very very minute ones which are hardly noticeable, not even on bad roads does my punto rattling extra. I might be lucky or Iam not bothered to notice them that much, you know car has other hundreds of things worth bothering ;-) Btw Iam soon getting all four doors fully damped. Will be able to tell difference after that only.
    One suggestion, if you're facing minor rattles, better get a decent ice and avoid going TASS for any remedies, bcoz its 99% sure that they'll make poor punto rattle even more :-|
  5. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Hello dear TFI members,

Please read my post "A proud owner of a month old Punto Dynamic MJD, but with a sad experience". Its all there...good bad experience is all there.....once i feel its a great car to own and at the same time i think may be it wasnt the right time for me to own this car, with issues from day 1.
  6. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    True....Not sure about all TASS, but i have experiences with few of them in Blore. The supervisor or any manager out there seems none less than some utter fool of a remote village. They cant even talk properly...forget about even understanding customer's issues. Very poor ...

They made my car come up with more rattles while trying to diminish them....

BTW "sunswape", I couldn't really understand the words " decent ice"...What is " ice ", in this context ?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    We'll check your car at Yelagiri and there are people in TASS Chennai who can help you.
  8. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Suprised to hear 2012 model cars rattle, my Linea is a 2009 model MJD & done 42000 kms still no rattle(touch wood).
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  9. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Was out of country for a month , so was away from Forum .
    Door Dampening will not vanish any kind of warranty until you do some modification . The service executive confirmed this . I was out for Speaker change than thought of taking chance by full door dampening , both front . Costed 3000 rs . Rattles are absent after dampening . Took car to remote ares of Punjab and himachal and no new rattles have come up :wow:wow:wow:wow
    Still the sun visors Rattles are present and goes off by changing position .
    One more reason for rattles is: The seat belts , if front passenger seat belt is free , it may cause some rattling sound , same with back seat , since most of us remove belts and place its end in BOOT area .
    1 person likes this.
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Guys its damping not dampening :)