1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rattles in 2012 Models

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Relativity, May 28, 2012.

?

Does your 2012 Fiat Rattle?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2012.
  1. 2012 Model & rattle resolved by TASS

8.7%
  2. 2012 Model & rattle resolved outside TASS

13.0%
  3. 2012 Model & unresolved rattle

52.2%
  4. 2012 Model & absolutely no rattles

26.1%
  1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i get noises from both front and back right doors....if i puch the plastics towards the door the noise goes away....i think the parts, screws in the door need to be tighten ....
    1 person likes this.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's using some dampening sheets and placing it on the inner and outer skin of the door. There are brands such as Dynamat, NoiseKill and Wurth which can used for that purpose. Else let me know and I can provide you something which can be used for trial basis which is on my car as well.

And it doesn't affect your warranty as well, I've got it done on all four doors including the boot.
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I had these rattles as well..but they all went away automatically.......

Anyways my car is under 1st service today..I have asked TASS to open door & check...in details...
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    @ Teky: I think dampeners will help with NVH but not if there are loose wires, screws etc. Correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, you can check it out when we meet up for the Yelagiri drive. I could use some advise here.

@prashantgupta84: Did you get it checked at TASS? Did they open the door panel? I am beginning to think we should also analyze the glass, rubber and plastic.

@ Puntosat: Why try to fix something that ain't broken? That too at TASS :eek:
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Had a talk with TASS will get this resolved in first service.......(remember i have to get a new lower grill in the front fitted also....).
    The noise is like that of air blowing through a number of small stones or dust particles....its irritating sometimes.........
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Which city are you in?
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore

Exact same noise ..and the exact same feel.. :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi, In my 2012 MJD sometimes I could hear the rattle noise from top hood (near by centre rear view mirror) if I keep my hand in that area it stops, will I stick any sound damper paper?
  10. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    My Linea's C-Pillar has been rattling since the day i received the car. The issue has been isolated to defective spot weldings within the C-Pillar. I have been chasing this up with the Fiat Sr Management for 6 weeks now. The issue still remains unresolved.