1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rattles in 2012 Models

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Relativity, May 28, 2012.

Does your 2012 Fiat Rattle?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2012.
  1. 2012 Model & rattle resolved by TASS

2. 2012 Model & rattle resolved outside TASS

3. 2012 Model & unresolved rattle

4. 2012 Model & absolutely no rattles

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Well, there are multiple threads floating around and I would request the mods to merge them if possible.
    I have read many posts that 2012 models are plagued by door rattle issues, mostly the front left door but I have it on the front right door.

I took it to the best TASS guy in my city, Mr. Tenzing and he really put in a lot of effort to resolve it. He did resolve it. However, on my way back home it came back. The door panel was opened and a cable was tagged tightly.

I would like to get a count of all unresolved door rattle issues in 2012 models as it clearly is a manufacturing defect by Fiat and it kills me 'cuz it is a beautiful car that drives like none other on our roads. I can kill most of the rattles with loud music but sometimes I just want to hear the engine roar at 120 KMPH or hear the tyres screetch when I corner at high speeds. I am totally in love with my car and want to leave no stone unturned to fix that rattle.

Once we have a count, we can decide the course of action; including approaching Fiat but not limited to that.
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    I have chai chai noise on drivers side window pane and rear window pane side.. its irritates a lot :( completed 10000 Kms
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

aashish, please cast your vote.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

I am having no rattles in my 2010 linea. Rattles can be arrested. You need to carefully hear and find out where the noise is coming from. Just add a damping pad or double sided tape or foam on it.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I will ask TASS to look at those options next time around. However, there is a door rattle reported my almost all 2012 owners and I am posting this after the great Tenzing at Tafe Reach Chennai has tried very hard.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    +1 to Italia-Linea. It can always be fixed.

There should be another option called "What is rattle?" :D.
    Many don't even know what a rattle is. A colleague of mine who is owning 2009 Maruti Swift Vxi don't know what it means. When I sat in his vehicle, it is indeed a rattle box.
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    4 people like this.
  7. singh

singh Amatore

My Punto Emotion 2012 1.3 , has left front door rattle , it got solved after full door dampening .
    Now both driver and passenger Sun visors rattles . If i change its position its goes off , than rattle comes back after few km's.
    1 person likes this.
  8. puntojith

No Issues

My car is relatively new..have done just 500 kms. As of now there haven't been any issues.
    Will look out for trouble and let you guys know if I come across any in the future.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

For the un-initiated like me, could you please share details of the door dampening?
    I understand it was done outside TASS. Doesn't that affect your warranty?
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, mine is a Feb 2012 make and it rattles. Front left door especially. Most owners report the same. FIAT should give us all a new LH front door!:up