1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rattle inside doors on bass

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by rahulvfx, Oct 8, 2014.

1. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi,

I'm using comp and cox Polk speakers fitted on the doors of my Punto, now the problem is whenever theres some good low frequency sound like bass and kicks on the sound track, I'm experiencing good amount of rattle from inside the doors (specially the window glass chamber)... As a result the total feel of the track is getting ruined. I tried installing independent sub on the boot, but the result is almost the same, as other than everything the doors vibration is too much...

Please suggest me a way out, as I like groove music most.

Thanks in advance
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you done damping on doors, after speakers change?
  3. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    No thats what my next plan was, but before that I need to get a clear knowledge will it really help to remove those rattles ... As I don't want to make any unwanted investment. Also need to know how much it may cost me for 4 doors ...
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had the same problem, i have place wooden rings below the speakers, that absorbs a lot of vibrations. and it cost 100 per piece with fitting.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There are plastic rings too with extension for waterproofing the speaker from top side, like a canopy. Search for those. They will also ensure that wires do not touch the speaker drivers or basket. Dampening like Dampmat or Dampmat plus etc. is also very good I saw from some reviews online.

Another thing to check is power rating and gains on amplifier and headunit settings to keep the speakers themselves from jarring. Are subs used and what amplifiers are used 4channel or monoblock, what RMS??

Amp and speaker impedances should match as well.