1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rate of tyre wear

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by jiji, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Tires

For our Punto to ply comfortably on INDIAN roads u need good ground clearance.. With 17" Wheels you would surely get your Punto hit on the ground every time u take it out for a drive.. Hence its not available here in India..

Also the price factor plays an imp role too..
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

@anrad73 : I have met a GP Emotion Pack owner (only one) who broke 3 of his alloys , so the profile is already on the margin line. I wonder how long the 16" TJet alloys will last in the the Kerala road conditions, good that they are not concentrating at the Kerala market immediately. 17" is a biiiig NO NO.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

For Indian road conditions it reely gets difficult.. U need to reduce the profile of your tyres to compensate the inch increase in your wheels which gives room for hits under chassis...
  4. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi everyone an update of how my tires perform...it s been around 5000 KM...and the fun keeps improving....the jaw breaking ride is no more. I m getting good efficiency the cornering fun still puts a great smile on my face!!! Only thing bothered as i said wet conditions above 100kph in wet, if u want to stop slam on the brake and pray literally!!! Cos of the ABS and the nimble chassis the car comes to a halt but you ve jus been to heaven and back...hehe