1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rate of tyre wear

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by jiji, Sep 19, 2010.

1. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Re: Tires

Hi,
    I also understand that Apollo Acelere are good tyres as well !! They are OE tyres for i20 Asta currently.

Anyone know something about the performance of Apollo.
  2. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

@redtux..thanks. Yup 5 black spokes are there.
    @manu. there are two pins in the hub. they are for easy dismantling and for correct centring of the wheel. my alloys does nt have any hole for it. I simply removed them.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Congrats jiji. Finally changed the shoes of your Punto. The new wheels look great. ::T
  4. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore

thanks for the info how can the pins be removed ? they are screwed on?
  5. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

@manu they can be removed, yes they are screwed on..the size of the bolts are 11.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Even am looking for a decent one.. Mayb would go with the Michelline or the Yokos soon...
  7. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

@Andy. From my intensive tire hunting my best suggestions are Appolo if you don t have a deep pocket, but it satisfies with comfort and looks. Michellin and Continental strictly costly ones. doesn t last as much as other tires. Bridgestone is average. Yokohama also slightly heavy on pocket of you are willing to sacrifice comfort.. but it will draw attention..than any other. :)
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Jiji: As u said Michellin tyres doesnt last dat long.. But i had a good experience with Yoko's on my old Wagon R... It was great and also lasted a great life..

Right now am just waiting for my GT3 tyres to wear out so that i can get them replaced as i just get peanuts for the GT3 if i plan to exchange them for a new set of tyres...
  9. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India

I have read in a lot of international websites that the Grande Puntos that are sold abroad have much large tires fitted in them namely the 205/45 17" which probably makes these Puntos look even more attractive than the ones made in India. The Puntos being sold before the GP were using 175/65 15".

Why can't the same tire configuration be used in the Indian made cars?
  10. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

@anrad.In UK and other European countries Punto s are sold with 15 inch alloys as well as steel discs. And 16 inch for Emotion pack. 17 inch are on ABARTH Punto.
    The main reason for de grading is road conditions and cost.