1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rate of tyre wear

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by jiji, Sep 19, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Re: Tires

From where did you buy those tyres?
    :eek:fftopic
    I spotted your car on top of Pettah railway bridge yesterday (20 Sep 2010) evening around 6:55pm
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I have seen 195/60R15 Yoko of this pattern at Tyre plus, Kazhakoottam. While I was searching for Yokos for my brothers Figo they gave the best deal. Unlike New Bharath they dont force you to upgrade to tyres of their interest. They look for the correct upsize and recommend the same and they are ready to take orders for the ones that are not in stock.
  3. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum

@jiji, How good are the AVS ES100 in wet conditions? Yoko C-drives are the best in wet conditions as per Yoko website. ES100 seems to be highly sporty, compromising on economy & comfort.

Check the attached pic.

matrix_passenger.gif
  4. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

I bought the tyres from New Bharat. Yup it was me returning from New Bharat with the new tyres.
    @Redtux-well :confused I have already bought the tyres. I pray that the website is wrong and i get some grip in the wet. Anyways thanks for the tip, I will surely post how the tyres performs.
  5. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum

No need to worry. Many users are happy with grip in wet conditions. One guys states:
    "Superb traction on dry pavement. Good wet dry traction. More like a touring tire than a high-performance one. The sidewalls are softer and turn-in is a bit slower than with some other comparable tires, but once they hook up they grip like mad. Therefore wouldn't recommend them for a racetrack, but for real-world conditions they are close to ideal. Wet traction and resistance to hydroplaning has been superb. "
  6. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

@Redtux.thanks for the info.
  7. Re: Tires

HI ALL,
    i searched for the alloy section, I found this tread most appropriate,
    my question is can any body change the punto emotion wheels from 14 to 15 inch? does it voids warranty?

and whats the rim width?5.5 or 6J

krishna
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

If you take fiat GE, it will not void :clapping but if you take aftermarket 15" (or even 14") alloys, it might void warranty.

The OE 14" steel rim on Punto is of 5.5J width, where as the 15" alloys is of 6J.
  9. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

@krishna-You can change the wheels of emotion to 15inch. It will not void any warranty. I ran my car on aftermarket alloys for over a year, no warranty issues what so ever. Now i have ordered new alloys 15inchers. So have a blast selecting new set of wheels.
  10. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

upgrading to 15" will not void the warranty as long as it stays within the dimension's of the stock emotion pk wheel..
    or the 14" Stock rims to alloys... within the stock size..