1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ratan Tata on Fiat JV

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Aug 13, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Mr Bhai seems to love the "peppy" power delivery of the Swift. In which all 75 horses seem to come at one spot only . At around 2300 rpm. And below that , the engine is only as peppy as an old Indica.

So, i would recommend Mr Bhai to put a DDiS engine into his Punto. :)
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Yes you are right.. the problem is not with linear power delivery or quality of plastics or poor service.. the problem is with the word FIAT. This word makes some people to worry about resale value and spare parts problem, yet they get so jealous when they see one on the road and that is what the real problem is.
  3. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

i am totally agree with royj. One of my friend is in hunt for new diesel car and zeroed down at SX4 diesel. I asked him to check FIAT Linea but he rejected my request in one line" I am not a FIAT fan". Actually here lies the main problem.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If below 2300 RPM the DDiS engine of Swift is peppy as an old Indica .
    then torque of my MJD is worst than old Indica. :sadblue
    By reading this statement now you might have understood the performance level of my MJD.

I fully agree that GP has more drivability. Driving fatigue should be less in GP than DDiS. Right ?

Then why I am getting driving fatigue & bad drivability in MJD ?
    From the first date of membership, I observed that no one is ready to keep faith that MJD may give this type of problem and this type of crowling performance.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Test drove the new swift today! Only one sentence!!

Stay away from it!! It's made of plastic! :p :D
  6. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

It exactly resembles president n PM of our neighbour country (Pk). Each n every moment they are busy in anti-India activity. They will not loose any opportunity to bleed us. But when something happens they are the first to condemn.
    In fact one fine day it should not happen that before happening of incident they condemn.:evilsmile
    In the same way CEO, Tata knows exactly why there r no volumes for FIAT. Poor mktg, horrible diverting sales experience, 2nd class servicing n spares, supress FIAT cars n showcast Tata cars and what not. But when it comes to media briefing give a typical statement.:(
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Kedar

The whistling sound of turbo you are telling is not acceptable.
    My DDiS also makes this type of specific whistling sound while changing gear.

This specific sound is due to kerosene mixed in diesel.
    & friends this is not speculation. This has been told by TATA ASS B U Bhandari Auto Pune.

I have experience of 60000 KM use of Multijet.

Using 2 Multijet engines from last 2 years. MJD- 49000 KM & DDiS - 20000 KM.

More bad fuel more whistling sound.

So change the fuel station. I know Iam Off Topic.
    But I should alert Kedar that's why writing.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Guys please stick to topic.
    All further posts, which are not related will be deleted.