1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ratan Tata on Fiat JV

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Aug 13, 2011.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Ya even i saw yesterday when i gave my car for the upgrades...
  2. Fiat offering the same with Palio MJD SDX (top end model) but all Palio Stile SDX Owners owners suffering the hard clutch problem (getting knee pain's), even they tried to fix by designing new part, but Fiat failed.

Source : PUG
  3. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

I think fiat should introduce Multijet II for its own vehicle range and then supply existing multijet engines to maruti and tata. what say guys? ;)
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

agreed to multijetter but will a slow mover Fiat do it?????? they need to change their attitude. even VGT shud have been supplied only in Fiat cars.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I fully agree with this. FIAT cars lack of peppiness.
    This dullness & sluggish act is renamed by sweet name "smooth & gradual power delivery"

Due to smooth & gradual power delivery, FIAT cars feels delightful for first few months.
    As we used it on bogus quality of Indian diesel, injectors starts to gets partially clogged .
    After that car starts to give problem namely " Poor Acceleration but no ECU error "

Take example of other CRDi engines. All other CRDi hatchbacks are peppy.
    Even there is partially clogging due to bad fuel, we don't feel any loss of power in other CRDi hatchbacks.

I also love the smooth & gradual power delivery.
    But this type of tunning of MJD is not 100 % suitable for Indian Fuel quality.

This position is same as vanes of our heart. At this stage there is 25-30 % blockege in the vane of each member of teamfiat.
    Still we all have 25-30 % blockege we don't have any heart problem. Our ECG report comes normal. So unless & until we don't suffer from Heart -Desease we will say there is no ECU error in our body.

I had written a mail to FIAT officials about this & suggested to do revised ECU firmware.
    But they replied me they will not change.:A

In MJD, Smoothness,refinement these things can't be last long due to 3rd class quality of Indian fuel.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mr. Bhai I feel your points are not very much acceptable for real world. swift diesal has been running since ages in our country . it is very rare somebody blame indian diesal.
    rather hyundai crdi has been more problematic in long run which is well known that post 70000km crdi engines from hyndai are pain in ass.

As far as my case i have been running my punto for 13000km i really love is linear and civilized power delivery. i have driven peppier rides too but they are not much inspiring resulting in early wear in engine and gear box. light peppy cars may look good in papers but not in real life.

What i would prefer is more powerfull engine with more surge of power. say like 1.6 mjd and above. 1.248 litre engine is too little to demand so much.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I agree. I owned a 90 HP Punto and I know how it behaves in highway beyond 2000 RPM. My words can't explain this.
    Those who want car to be more peppier its better to look for other brands instead of blaming Fiat :).
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ramjn, I too own 90HP GP. I love cars behaviour on highway above 2000 rpm as well performance below 2000rpm in city traffic. I love 90HP GPs engine noise while changing gears. It sounds like whistle, truely amazing & addicted.

In City & below 2000rpm Punto works like Automatic Transmission car, you dont need use accelerator :).
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys we are going Offtopic.!! please let us stick to the topic.
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I have noticed a hint of biasedness in everyone's view's on the linear power delivery of other cars. Off late, most cars boast of very good power but it doesn't feel like the car is displacing the claimed power. In each and every review of the Verna 1.6, the 'expert's' praised the linear power delivery (one tv show even called it smooth power delivery) over the earlier Verna's jerky throttle response. Ditto for the Etios Liva.

Makes you wonder why linear power delivery from all cars is okay but not from Fiat's?