1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ratan Tata on Fiat JV

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Aug 13, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    This is NEWS! BIG BIG NEWS. Waiting for this to happen!
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Yes I did mean that for the Linea too.

Like I said in my post, it doesn't matter what's right or not. The market has that perception about the Linea & Punto. Fiat has to change that.

I will be the first one to list the cheapness and blatant cost cutting in the City but like I said it doesn't matter what I or you or any individual thinks. The market has this perception of the City as being a premium car and tends to overlook many of the cheap bit's in the car.

The 44 exclusive Fiat dealership part news is floating around for the past few months. Better to wait and let it happen before we start getting happy. With Fiat, you never know!
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    For god sake FIAT needs to get those gearboxes sold in Europe and get rid of the C510/530 gearboxes that are currently sold in India. If they are refreshing it, better do a good job of it.

44 Sales and service centers in metros with the spares (critical and non critical) stocked at each of these centers will do good for FIAT.

Not sure if this is already existing for the spares requisition by the service centers. FIAT should start something such as VOR (Vehicle Off Road) for raising spares request for critical parts and expedite a speedy delivery (read as 24-48 hrs depending on location). Once this done, the customers writing about the long delays for the critical parts will definitely go down.

I will write down a details plan and send it to the people at FIAT and lets see if they do really listen to suggestions.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  4. drifter

drifter Regolare

You can save your time on this. The way manufacturers look at it is that they cut cost as much as possible and the dealerships do the same. Over here in Europe it is the same thing. I am dealing with Fiat for more years than most of the members are of age on this forum. From the 1980s slowly stock was reduced. Today the dealers have service items and a few very fast moving items in stock. The factory outlet does have thousands of items on back order. Some of the back orders take several months.

Unfortunately this is the reality.
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Yiippeeee!!! Updated "LINEA"??? Will LINEA get 1.6 MJD and some more added features??? If that's the case, will definitely trade my Linea 1.3MJD E+ for the ANFL, in no time!!! :)
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It seems ,this month too linea sales will be on decline due to above news.
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

If this is true then 01 request to FIAT. Plz follow Advt campaign like Toyota or VoxWagon and see the magic. People will flood the showrooms to buy FIAT.
  8. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    No such developments happening as stated by few about new launches.

I would say, don't expect anything this year. Nor till the end of 2012.

The fiat exclusive service/ showrooms is just a mirage, nothing worth discussing for the next year atleast.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Ratan Tata is visiting Concorde, Bangalore tomorrow.
    I went there to buy some accessories and saw work is full progress to impress him.