1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

RamchandraPura-->Sonda-->Gokarna-->Karwar-->North Goa-->old Goa-->Dandeli-->Bangalore

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Nope I did not pay any entry fee.
    1 person likes this.
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I mostly enter from Maharashtra (Sawantwadi) side and have never been stopped for any entry fees. Liquor permit given by any shop in Goa is not valid in any other states other than U.T. Hence even if you say you have permit its not valid. Further you also need a liquor permit to carry the bottles in Maharashtra atleast.

Kiran
  3. Hmm, I don't understand this very well as i don't drink:)
    1 person likes this.
  4. I didnt know about this,and was caught at the border.The police asked me if I was carrying any liquor or not,I said I was carrying a crate of beer(the shopkeeper said permits are not required for carrying beer).They started demanding bribe some 5k,I said if this is the case then i will dump this crate and move off.At last they asked give whatever you want.Atlast paid them 200 bucks and moved away.After that trip I am never going to carry any liquor from Goa.(It feels very bad to pay bribe)
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amazing Gokarna.The roads of KA awesome to drive .
    Done trip from Sangli-Hubli-Kumta.Started early morning from Hubli to kumta.Return night journey from Gokarna to Hubli.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    liquor transport from GOA is regulated and its a very old story . the reason being its very cheap in goa.
    If i'm right one is allowed to carry 2 ltrs at max and beyond that you are at that guy's mercy.