1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

RamchandraPura-->Sonda-->Gokarna-->Karwar-->North Goa-->old Goa-->Dandeli-->Bangalore

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Yes it was good,it is black sand beach. Initially my family was hesitant step in to the beach due to the color of the sand :)
    Last pic from is from a beach named Dandoo, very less of beach but more of big pores rocks.

Here are pictures from Dandoo,Colangate and Baga beaches.
    DSCN1371.jpg DSCN1372.jpg DSCN1378.jpg DSCN1384.jpg DSCN1385.jpg DSCN1401.jpg DSCN1402.jpg DSCN1403.jpg DSCN1404.jpg DSCN1405.jpg DSCN1406.jpg DSCN1407.jpg DSCN1408.jpg DSCN1409.jpg DSCN1410.jpg DSCN1411.jpg DSCN1412.jpg DSCN1413.jpg DSCN1414.jpg DSCN1416.jpg DSCN1417.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Does the hotel that you stayed is alcove goa which is there in my Explore goa thread?
  3. Yes it is the same hotel resort, stay was cheap just Rs 1200 inclusive of taxes, but food was very expensive and did not had much of vegetarian choices.
    From first day evening we started having food at SITA pure veg hotel on the way to vegetor.

Stay there was like staying in something outside our country al though roads are small beautiful building no mad rush of people all in all just wonderful.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Here are some more pictures of old goa and Mangesh temple,later in the day we reached Dandeli and had a night stay at kulagi nature camp.

DSCN1425 - Copy.jpg DSCN1426 - Copy.jpg DSCN1427 - Copy.jpg DSCN1428 - Copy.jpg DSCN1430 - Copy.jpg DSCN1434 - Copy.jpg DSCN1436 - Copy.jpg DSCN1437 - Copy.jpg DSCN1438 - Copy.jpg DSCN1439 - Copy.jpg DSCN1440 - Copy.jpg DSCN1440 - Copy.jpg DSCN1441 - Copy.jpg DSCN1441 - Copy.jpg DSCN1442.jpg DSCN1443.jpg DSCN1444.jpg DSCN1445.jpg DSCN1446.jpg DSCN1447.jpg DSCN1448.jpg DSCN1449.jpg DSCN1451.jpg DSCN1452.jpg DSCN1453.jpg DSCN1456.jpg DSCN1459.jpg DSCN1460.jpg DSCN1461.jpg DSCN1465.jpg DSCN1473.jpg DSCN1481.jpg
    2 people like this.
  5. Here are the tour details.Remapping was testing to the core on NH4 as I could touch speed of 180 did over take lot of cars moving at 150+ when they leaset expected it out of Punto:)
    IMAG0210.jpg IMAG0211.jpg IMAG0212.jpg IMAG0213.jpg
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hows the road from Dhandeli to Dharwad? Did you have lunch @ veerappan khanavali ? :)
  7. We took NH4A from Goa,although we wanted to aviod it, rooad is good all the way upto Dandeli but for 6 km stretch which is like off road:) but I did see a alternate road that exists.

We went via balgaum inter link and was through forest all the way until we touched haliyal, but since it took good 3-4 hours we had breke fast in the middle of a foest just Roti with chetni pudi and pickle and my wife had leach bite during the time.

Travailing needs big planning for me as I am vegetarian that too we donot eat onion,Garlic,Pepper and Refined white sugar so we chose hotels which offer jain food.
    i also carry a rice cooker which come handy in such situations,at Kulgi nature camp cook was amused saying he never cooked food with out onion/garlic:)
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Wonderful pictures. The mileage is impressive considering the roads.
    Can you tell us how to book the nature camp. Phone Nos if any. How much they charged for the safari?
    1 person likes this.
  9. I really don't know how to book it , but I will get you the details.
    My FIL works for forest dept so I took his help to get it booked,they took us for about 25 kms deep in to Jungle and it was free!!
    for food expense alone I paid Rs 500 wodden cottage was free again.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I think you can book it from here Book Kulgi Nature Camp in Dandeli from Rs 566, Hurry! - Stayzilla.com. Book Kulgi Nature Camp Dandeli online. Kulgi Nature Camp Dandeli rooms.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Just wanted to share experiences I had .

When we were In goa got a call from few of Shashi's friends for getting Cashew Fenny and they spcifically told us to buy from some govt shop along with license !!
    We did not understand the requirement brought two bottles for some company made fenny for them,when we were going to towards Hubli via NH4A, we were stopped on karnataka border and excise folks inquired us about carrying any of liquor, we just showed them that we have two bottles of fenny they became very excited happy and started giving all sorts of lecture to us on why we cant carry it over?
    One guy did come to me asked where I am working and said we have to leave the bottles there it self, I politely asked them "can't we pay the duty and take it over?"
    Finally we ended up paying Rs 120 as the duty and 30 as the bribe (yes it was some sort of bribe as they did not return the change)!!

Folks who visited Goa, what is this license stuff and how much of liquor can be carried?

Another incident was , while driving back some where before Davangere on NH4, I was doing some thing like 150+ and i could feel car is not handling as expected!!
    Suddenly the GC kit upgrade came to my mind, I thought that might be the reason :-(
    Then stopped in Davangere only to find out rear right wheel was having little less air, filled it using my compressor and car was handling perfectly even at the speeds excess of 180 kmph.

So one thing comes to my mind is if i go for too soft tires for the GC upgraded car logically may face handling issues while cornering or in slightly bad roads?
    Softer sidewalls will contribute to more body roll in the cornering? My car is due to new tires I had almost decided to go for MRF ZLO but now in dilemma on which tire to go for?
    Currently i am thinking of Goodyear assurance.
    -Sat
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I don't take feny or liquor so I haven't faced the bribe issue.:D
    Once in my alto which has TN registration they asked for bribe. That time my NOC had expired and I don't want to get in to trouble. So I gave Rs. 10 and the fellow who was about to collect that money was reading some cheap novel as if he is not interested in what is getting dropped in his money dubba. I told them that I don't have change and his assistant told me that I can drop whatever I have.
    Did they charge any entry fees at goa border. Since the petrol price is much lower here they started a entry fee.
    1 person likes this.