1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

RamchandraPura-->Sonda-->Gokarna-->Karwar-->North Goa-->old Goa-->Dandeli-->Bangalore

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Gokara - Golden sand beaches
    DSCN1183.jpg
    DSCN1201.jpg
    DSCN1194.jpg
    Birds having fun
    DSCN1204.jpg
    DSCN1195.jpg
    DSCN1202.jpg
    DSCN1192.jpg
    DSCN1193.jpg
    DSCN1262.jpg

DSCN1200.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. We stayed at Haripriya lodge in Gokarna,Couple who manage this lodge are extremely good, you can see people from all other countries enjoying south Indian food over there.
    Mr. Anand and and his wife
    DSCN1239.jpg
    IMAG0206.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    did u also go to murudeshwar?? the beach there is more pristine than gokarna!! :smile:
    1 person likes this.
  4. I have visited Murudeshwar but that is further down than gokarna so i did not go to ,since my next visit was to Goa.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    arent murdeshwar's beaches too rough to enter the waters! i havent gone there, just heard of it!

have been to gokarna multiple times and and find the beaches over just awesome! Om beach has become little crowded now! kudle beach is great, paradise and half moon beaches are too good...for last two you need to do some trekking to reach or take a boat. kudle requires brisk 5 mins walk.
    1 person likes this.
  6. We stayed in the lodge for the night we planned to visit Gokarna beach in the morning but heavy coastal rain played spoil sport. we started our journey towards Goa while it was pouring cat's and bells!!

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Shams you are right beach near to the murdeshwar temple is crowded and little dangerous too.I heard honnavar beach which is near by is better.
    for my Gokarna beaches are my favorites, I just love the old town and the clam relaxed environment in the beach.

Few photo's of lodge surroundings
    DSCN1244.jpg
    DSCN1246.jpg
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Heavy continuous rains at Gokarna will fill the road near the temple with water. Water level can be more than the GC of our cars. But the water level will come down fast if rain stops as it is flowing to the sea which is near. I had experienced it few years back.
    Can you PM the contact No of the Lodge and the rates
    1 person likes this.
  8. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    what i meant is water is much clearer in murudeshwar than in gokarna...as for the safety..well i entered neither of the beaches..just photographed them..so i cant comment on it!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. Just for the benefit of anyone else wanting to go there here are the details.
    Haripriya residency Gokarna,Near Parashuram Temple Road, Gokarna 581326, India
    Contact person is Anand or Anu Ph 9591378321
    You can find the review about them in the following link.
    Hari Priya Residency (Gokarna, India) - B&B Reviews - TripAdvisor

DSCN1305.jpg

FSCN1296.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. Above picture of Shashi some where near south of Goa.

Sungoa2010 you are lucky to stay in such awesome place on the earth,Goa is green and did not look like India to me :)

En-route to North Goa
    25239-ramchandrapura-sonda-gokarna-karwar-north-goa-old-goa-dandeli-bangalore-dscn1273.jpg

25240-ramchandrapura-sonda-gokarna-karwar-north-goa-old-goa-dandeli-bangalore-dscn1282.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012