1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Raj Thackeray asks people to stop paying toll tax in Maharashtra

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Shadowfax, Jul 25, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

In KA Road tax is 14% ( At least I paid 14%).
    Long live democracy
  2. sungoa2010

More over we have to pay tax again if we are transferring to other states. Our law makers need to eat Chavanprasya and some vitamin supplements at least two times per day for life time to have better intelligence. I don't mind paying extra tax for that.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    By stopping toll collection for just a few hours what has been achieved? Raj Thackrey got his share of publicity and the lucky few cars on the road managed to avoid paying toll for those few hours. A few hours later everything is back to how it was. This is the problem with our country, everybody get's impressed with symobolism hence barely anything concrete actually get's done. If Raj Thackrey is serious about this issue he should have raised it in the Maharashtra assembly or moved the court's but instead he chose to make a statement in a press conference! By the way, all of you supporting him please read what he said. He clearly said he is NOT against toll collection but the method of toll collection. The fact is politicians get a cut out of everything in this country, tolls are a lucrative source of unaccounted income for most politician's hence toll's aren't gong anywhere soon.

In Europe & Canada, tollway's are made so people can have access to a barricaded road that will allow them to save more time while travelling because the regular expressway's that are funded out of taxes the citizen's pay have heavy traffic. Here, tolls are levied to give us the privilege of getting to use pot hole infested roads!

Our taxes should fund roads like how it's done everywhere in the world. What is done with the one time tax collected on every car sold?

By the way, we pay Rs.1 on every liter of petrol & diesel in Maharashtra to fund development of roads & flyover's. Maybe Raj Thackrey didn't take up this issue because there are no toll collection booth's that he can close down to make his point in this case.
    4 people like this.
  4. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

I just wish that I could drive my car my beauty without being jolted about.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012