1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Raj Thackeray asks people to stop paying toll tax in Maharashtra

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Shadowfax, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

I do know exactly what you are saying....but i would extend it a bit further none of our interior roads are without POT Holes, the road conditions deteriorate at a surprising rate, I drive Linea which possibly smiles even going over bad roads but even that has to have a limit on how much a CAR can take, in literal terms I for one feel like either I am tossed about in a rough sea or am seated in a bullock cart at times.

I don't care what Raj Thackeray or anyone else says for that matter....the fact is out there to see.

I do not expect velvet roads, but ain't we have the right to have atleast decent roads.
    2 people like this.
  2. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

His party workers doing a "survey"? "Tallying" daily collections? Err...is it within their IQ levels? And is the assumption that ALL tolls are collected by Government? Aren't they collected and shared by private infrastructure companies?

Shouldn't examining the accounts of these toll companies tell the truth? Besides, why all this hungama now? These agreements are made at the start of the project usually for 30+ years. Couldn't Thackeray's bright workers perform analysis then and protest?

There seems to be an assumption that the toll companies should not make profits from toll. Then why the hell will any company come forward for such projects?

But I really (no seriously) admire our politicians in creating an issue.
  3. dharmesh

I can understand. Last year I travelled through arrey road and I bumped my zen in big pothole that costed me Rs.10000 and that was the last I travelled from arrey in my personal vehicle.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

For what purpose the government collect huge amount of road tax. Let them collect sales tax or VAT etc. But after collecting road tax one has again pay huge amount for toll.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

My thoughts exactly
  6. macky

macky Amatore

even i was discussing this with a friend yesterday, i literally pay ,more than 300/- to travel 350 odd kms from hyderabad to anantapur, almost identical to the ticket fare in the volvo bus(cost perkm). i know the road is a bliss, but then again arent we paying the life time road tax.
  7. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

@Macky As far as I know we as a CITIZEN are paying for everything under the sun, even if we use it or not

8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Next time am voting for Raj thackeray.
    But,already am not paying toll taxes
  9. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Would someone just invite Raj Thackery to Kerala and get his statement over here. A GP 90 Hp pays 48000/- as one time road tax in kerala and now tolls. I hate paying these tolls . Raj come over and make a statement. We support u
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Nimish, just think how much TN and KA folks will be paying as road tax. In TN, we need to pay 10% of the ex-showroom price of the vehicle as road tax. And again, needless to say, there are hell lot of tolls around Chennai and all over TN with hefty tolls.