1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

rainwater inside cabin

Discussion in 'Technical' started by punto11, Nov 9, 2014.

1. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    hi
    recently i discovered that my driver side foot well is getting wet. looked for the ac drain pipe and it was intact. then after a car wash i realized that its wind shield water entering my cabin. i already did some diy of exchanging the drain pipe from left side to right the left pipe being a little long. it looks like there is metal plate between the brake booster and the bulkhead, where there is a possibility of gasket. wind shield water when drains from the pipe it falls on the channel behind the brake booster and somehow enters my cabin. there is no FASS nearby any inputs on this will be welcome. the car is punto active mjd2011
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @punto11, there are a few cases where the rainwater can enter the cabin:

1. Check the rubber beading on the doors, windshield. Check if they are loose or cracked.
    2. Check if the door windows are shutting completely.

IMO, there are very little chances that the water can enter from engine bay into the cabin.
  3. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    as I said already rainwater or car wash water is entering the from the bulkhead through lower part of brake booster. I am not confident to open the master cylinder as no fass nearby in case I need a spare. Please advice guys. Also note that I have verified water leakage spot by spraying water on wind shield and checking inside for wetness
  4. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think it's high time for the experts to share the tip.
  6. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    yes me too waiting for someone knowledgeable to comment.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The same issue was there in my car also....First thought its AC drain pipe, checked it, then even tried removing windsheild and refitting. Still sometimes, in very heavy rain, it happens. Since i m not at home and car is sparingly used these days, no problem now.
  8. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    On
    You need to check if there is a plastic/rubber plug underneath the floor mat on the driver side...I do remember something like this happening in one of our other cars ..but I haven't checked Linea for a Drainout Plugs... Check that..and if its missing or leaking...replace it...