1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rain sensing Wipers

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sungoa2010, Dec 3, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    WOW this is news to me. Let me try it out today on the drive back home.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ That is correct information. The logic being, you will let go of the lever if the spray does not start, within the first 3 seconds, thus preempting the possibility of a dry wipe. Wish FIAT used the same common sense in advertising its products. One of my colleagues, who drives a Skoda, drove my Jet the other day and all he had to say was - "Man, this car is loaded with features and handles like a champ. This drive just turned my impression of FIAT cars on it's head" :D

Rajan
  3. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got a new linea emotion....Today it rained while driving, But rain sensing wipers did not take off & Not sure how they are supposed to be activated?

In the menu there is no option to turn it on, Just an option called rain sensing & has 4 levels of sensitivity 1-2-3-4 & Car came with setting .
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    See the right hand side stalk. There is a position with 2 elliptical figures. Turn the stalk to that position to enable rain sensing wipers.

But off course, before this, ensure that rain sensing is enabled in the main settings menu.
    vinayk likes this.
  5. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    In the menu setting there is no option to turn it on, Just an option called "rain sensing" which has 4 levels of sensitivity 1-2-3-4 & Car came with setting .
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 3, 2015 ---
    @vinit Thanks a lot it works, Was confused as I did not see an "auto" option on the wiper switch :)