1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rain sensing Wipers

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sungoa2010, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I generally start the sprinkler first then the wipers. No matter if its raining or if i just want to get rid of dust. I try ensure ample water is on screen to facilitate, lubricate and clean the screen.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The Palio had a very nice feature to avoid dry wipes. Pull the stalk towards the steering, it only sprayed and not wiped. You then need to also push the stalk up to wipe. This ensured that you never wiped the dusty windshield dry, unless you do it intentionally :D

Rajan
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That is a nice feature.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yeah. One more of FIAT's common sense features, which never gets advertised or noticed. The others would have shouted from rooftops :D

Rajan
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    But, this is missing in Linea/Punto. :(
  6. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    I believe this can be done in Linea/Punto. If we pull the stalk for 3 seconds or more then the wiper start otherwise if it pulled momentarly only water is sprayed.
    4 people like this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    PKMohan: + 1, yes it works exactly, it will wipe 3 time and then wait for few second and then would give a final wipe :)
  8. vamshikiran

vamshikiran

Bangalore
    Does any one know, can we fit rainsensors to old Lineas along with auto headlamps... Do we have any such kit available in market ?
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    No, at least from FIAL.

- - - Merged Post - - -

No, at least from FIAL.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Rain sensing wipers will require a sensor on the windshield, located right behind the IRVM. This will be missing in earlier versions. The auto headlamp, depends on the solar sensor (the small spherical thing in the middle of the dashboard, close to the windscreen). My bet is, in earlier models, even though this can be seen, it might just be empty, with no sensor.

Having said that, to answer your question - yes. It can be retrofitted. You will have to source the necessary components from FIAT, including additional wiring as required and also reprogram / activate these features in the relevant CAN nodes. It can be laborious, time consuming and expensive, but it can be done. IMHO, the cost does not justify the utility. After all, all it does is to turn on the wiper when it rains and switch on headlights when it gets dark :D

Rajan