1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rain, Nature and the Linea

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ramjn, Jul 8, 2013.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Awesome pictures and details Ramesh, as always.
    Looks like your ride is munching all the miles it missed when you were out in US :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Fantastic pics Ramesh..Linea is looking Fabulous in this trip:up..
    1 person likes this.
  3. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mind blowing pics!!! I would love to drive on these roads. Hope to plan a visit in near future.
    Thanks for sharing!
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    After the early morning drive, we came back to our stay, got ready, had breakfast (Puttu) at KTDC Tamarind and started to drive to the Banasura Sagar Dam. I did not have much of the plans for the day and decided to visit only the Dam, do the boating and come back.

Some pictures en route Banasura Sagar Dam

05-RAM_5075.JPG

06-RAM_5076.JPG

07-RAM_5078.JPG

08-RAM_5079.JPG

At the Dam

09-RAM_5081.JPG

10-RAM_5083.JPG

11-RAM_5088.JPG

12-RAM_5107.JPG

13-RAM_5108.JPG

14-RAM_5115.JPG

15-RAM_5122.JPG

16-RAM_5126.JPG

17-RAM_5133.JPG

It rained very heavily while we are back to our stay at Thirunelly. Enjoyed the drive with the rains, came back, took good rest and the day ended well.

18-RAM_5136.JPG

19-RAM_5143.JPG

20-RAM_5145.JPG

It rained whole night on Saturday and we had no mood to start the return journey on Sunday. I had no option but to return back due to official commitments. I decided to have breakfast on the way and stopped at a small mess at Begur which is 12 kms. from Thirunelly. We had delicious Unniyappams and Idly. Impressed with the taste of Unniyappam, I got 6 more packed to have on way. :) We then had black tea and finally the bill amount was Rs. 85.

I already decided that not to return thru Mysore and Bangalore and instead decided to do Sulthan Bathery-Gundlupet-Chamrajnagara-Sathyamangalam-Bhavani-Salem-Attur-Chennai. The return route was 1000 times better than the onward route even though it is longer by 60-70 kms. We broke at Bhavani for lunch and when we reached Chennai it was 8.30 PM and the rain invited us in Chennai too. :)

21-RAM_5158.JPG

- The End
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    testdrive, snck, PKMohan and 3 others like this.