1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rain, Nature and the Linea

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ramjn, Jul 8, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No wonder it is called God's own country. Beautiful.

Now put up some more pics!

Cheers.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There is no difference between the KTDC facility and the Himagiri. They are located next to each other. In fact, I had to order food from KTDC only. :)

Yes. Will upload more pictures later in the evening. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    if i remember correctly, once you enter this broken road after taking a left from main road, there is an expensive resort on the left and himagiri is opp to it on the right. at the end KTDC tamarind is there after which there is forest and a hill. some of the rooms in tamarind are hill/forest facing. thats what i liked most about it :)

that 16 kms drive from here to some cross (don't remember the name) was a bliss with bison/elephant sightings almost always :)
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are right. Once we take that broken road (Is it road really???), the first one is the 'Agraharam Resorts' and when we go beyond that resort, Himagiri comes first and then the KTDC. You will have a view of the forest from Himagiri as well.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
  5. Can you post the location in gmaps?
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  7. I stayed in Yavakpadi, probably a hour drive from this place, but you are still aome distance from bramha giri right?
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Planning for this trip happened only two days before the travel date. My plan was to leave Chennai early in the evening on Thursday and reach Bangalore for the nights stay. Start as early as possible from Bangalore on Friday morning and reach Thirunelly by noon. After some research I decided to stay at Himagiri Homes at Thirunelly.

For the onward journey, I decided to take Oragadam-Sriperumbuthur-krishnagiri-Hosur-Bangalore-Mysore-Hunsur-Nagarhole-Kutta-Tholpetty-Thirunelly. I was able to leave from my home only at 5.30 pm on Thursday. Beating the traffic to reach Sriperumbuthur took some time and we took a Snack/Coffee break at Hotel Sakthi Saravana on the highway. The drive throughout the route to reach Bangalore was a torchure which me and my Linea has to undergo. I didn't expect it to be bad and thought that 6 laning work might have reached the finishing stage. There are countless diversions on the whole stretch till we reached Hosur. At that time, I made a decision that I am not going to take this route for the return journey. I booked for a budget accomodation (Online Suites) near the 'Narayana Hrudalaya'.

We got up little early and got ready to leave Bangalore by 7 am. I drove towards Mysore and it was another torchurous drive with hell lot of speed breakers. We had our Breakfast at Kamath Lokaruchi and continued our drive. The road isn't nothing great to cheer about even after Mysore. The quality of the road was fantastic but spoiled by numorous Speed breakers. I was expecting speed breakers every 200 metres on the Hunsur-Kutta sretch inside Nagarhole National Park. Surprisingly, all those humps have been removed and the drive was much better than the one I did last year inside this Park. We couldn't spot any animals inside the park except for the herd of deers.

It was 2 pm when we reached Tholpetty and decided to have lunch in a small eatout 'Muthappan Mess House'. It isn't a great place but I liked the food they served. Finally, we reached our home stay at Thirunelly by 3 pm. Took some rest and we went to the Thirunelly Mahavishnu Temple in the evening and came to the resort. Oh! How did I miss to quote the rains? It was raining heavily on and off from the time we crossed Kutta. And it rained the whole night on Friday at Thirunelly.

My drive inside the Nagarhole National Park

01-RAM_4950.JPG

1-RAM_4955.JPG

1-RAM_4965.JPG

The road and the nature inside the Park

1-RAM_4954.JPG

1-RAM_4958.JPG

Herd of Deers

1-RAM_4974.JPG

1-RAM_4979.JPG

Our stay at Thirunelly (the building which is seen on the left side is the KTDC Tamarind)

11-RAM_5017.JPG

More views of our Stay

12-RAM_5019.JPG

10-RAM_5014.JPG

08-RAM_5008.JPG

The view as seen from our room

09-RAM_5011.JPG

At the Thirunelly Mahavishnu Temple (claimed to be the oldest temple in India)

14-RAM_5030.JPG

13-RAM_5022.JPG

More pictures from the Thirunelly Road

15-RAM_5031.JPG

16-RAM_5032.JPG

17-RAM_5033.JPG
    9 people like this.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Awesome pics Ramesh. In these pics BNW colours is looking fab, who told Fiat to stop this colour completely :( .
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The next morning (Saturday), I decided to drive around the Thirunelly forests early in the morning hoping to spot some animals. We got up early and started out for a drive at 6 am. Unfortunately, we couldn't spot any animals other than a herd of Deers.

Some snaps from the early morning drive.

01-RAM_5045.JPG

02-RAM_5050.JPG

03-RAM_5068.JPG

04-RAM_5069.JPG
    3 people like this.