1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rain, Nature and the Linea

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ramjn, Jul 8, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My first Monsoon drive for the season. Just back from a 1500 kms. drive to Wayanad. I wanted to stay somewhere on the Brahmagiri-Thirunelly Elephant corridor and fortunately got very decent accommodation within my budget in that area.

Some pics before I start the travelogue. :)

3-RAM_5077.JPG

2-RAM_5067.JPG

1-RAM_5036.JPG
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    25 people like this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    awesome Ram. I had been to this exact place , in this exact time of year only 2 years ago.
    Its just too lovely to see that the forest has hardly changed.
    Just pray it stays that way only
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I also visited the same place last year in July. Only at that time, I was awestruck with the Natural Beauty of Thirunelly. I always wanted to visit there again and executed the plan this July. I too wish that it stays the same.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nice pictures Ramjn.
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Nice pictures as usual Ramesh, Can't wait for the rest of the travelogue.

Looks like the Linea is really making up for all the days it was left unused :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I remember a funny incident . We were approaching the border (i think we were about 5kms from the border) and I thought i saw a tiger amidst the tree cover and immediately stopped.
    The funny thing was there were 2 cars and 1 KSRTC bus as well and they stopped too not knowing what we were seeing . When we closely observed what looked like tiger was actually a herd of deer and we were all laughing . One car guy came up to me and said "good joke" and i replied yeah if only it was a tiger then it would have been a damn good adventure indeed and we parted ways!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Fantastic pics Ramjn as usual:up..post more pics of ur trip..
    1 person likes this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    nice one Ramesh :) did you stay in the KSTDC hotel just before thirunelly town?
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I stayed at a facility (Himagiri Homes) next to KTDC Tamarind. The location is terrific.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    more pictures awaited!!
    last year when I had gone there, i stayed in a homestay 1 km beyond thirunelly temple for 9 days! i had checked out most of the other accomodation options nearby and seen Himagiri and Tamarind as well during my stay. Had thought that KTDC tamarind had the best location of all because of its proximity to the forest.