1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

radiator cooling fan not working without AC

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by punto11, Aug 25, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Intermittent problems with internet connection. Try search for ELM 327 or OBD2 or SCANTOOL. Alternatively try conversation feature with @Italia-Linea
  2. punto11

punto11 Amatore

bought a cheap elm interface from ebay and did actuator tests for fan speed1 and speed2.the test passed.so i decided to keep the interface plugged and monitor the coolant temperature.the temperature never went above 90 degreeC with or without AC.today i left the car idle for some time after a hard run and finally Fan low speed came in for a few seconds at 97 degrees. so high speed set point must be around 100degrees.now i have the following in mind
    1.what is temperature at which the fan should run? or its different for every car and ECU decides what to do depending on driving style, climate etc.
    Actually this was the first time my radiator fan kicked in during my 3 years of ownership.
    2.how long the stock battery last?read somewhere a similar problem with a toyota and battery change rectified it. means that the fan kicked in earlier after battery change.
    thank you guys for your valuable inputs.
  3. punto11

punto11 Amatore

anyone having inputs regarding engine temperature?
  4. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

For me also at 97degree only it starts cooling and comes down to 92 without ac, i think 97 is normal