1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rack and Pinion Issues

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by varin11, Nov 8, 2011.

1. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    Hi Varin can you pls give me details of kava motors kandivli.

MODS NOTE: DO NOT USE SMS LINGO. IT'S INCONVENIENT TO READERS/ MEMBERS.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    its at hindustan Naka, Near murli painter, charkop. The shop is inside a garaage next to murli painter
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Again some faint sounds coming from engine bay.it resembles the metal noise during rack problem but faint and can be heard in the first gear wwhen ur feet is off the accelerate.It sounds like kr kr kr.I just got the rack changed 3 weeks back.the sound comes only when the car is moving.
  4. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Hi, last month my Linea petrol(2009 make) broke down and i had to get the car towed to service station, about 20 kms.
    Now after 15 days, im hearing some rattling sound when ever the car is around 40+ speed and it hits some bump on the road. It seems there is some part which is loose and when the car goes over the bump it rattles(kind of oscilates). I believe it is something in the engin compartment or around the front tires, because the noise starts when the front tires hits the bump.
    Can you suggest if it is the same issue we are discussing here? I plan to take the car to TASS but fear they would dissect the car and bring a numerous issues. MY car has done 29000 kms.
    Thanks.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I was getting this noise Kr kr from the engine bay and it was persistent when start say after 10 mins of driving.It sounded like some metal loose underneath.my car March 2009 Linea MJD then had completed 56000 Kms so I was given a new rack under extended warranty. The recent Kr kr noise is clutch release bearing noise which has just started and may require clutch change may be next 5000 Kmms.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

elastic pads he new desingn.kava motors selling for 1400 a set way below thee price TASS selling.I got the front grill from them at 1400 without logo and lower grill at 300.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

elastic pads he new design.kava motors in Bombay selling for 1400 a set(original and new) way below thee price TASS selling.I got the front grill from them at 1400 without logo and lower grill at 300.