1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rack and Pinion Issues

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by varin11, Nov 8, 2011.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    But this is ridiculous. Elastic pads were changed in my car at 28k kms and have become troublesome again since 40k kms. This is pathetic quality to say the least. And the worst is that I will need to pay from my pocket to get this fixed. Shame on you Fiat! Why can't you build components which have a decent lifespan? We are not asking for the earth, moon and sky here.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I fully agree with you.This part was faulty design as said by the advisor.Fiat has fitted newly designed pads in all the new cars and all cars needs that needs the change now.My original pads never gave me problems till 42000 kms.Later i got them changed under warranty when the noise started on moving the steering.Hope these guys (dealer) have changed the pads not just lubricated them.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    In Bombay there is Kava motors in oper house and one in kandivli which sells all linea, punto spare parts.The prices are cheaper and the products looks genuine.Yesterday I inquired about front elastic pads the price was 2000 for a set i.e, less then 50% of the price(Rs. 5400 per set in TASS).I have front grills with Fiat logo which looks exactly same as original even quality wise for rs 1000, door handles rs. 200 each although little shabby as all spare parts come in open there without packaging.The guy told me to take the elastic pads if it doesn't get approved return it back.
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    @varin do you mean the chrome door handles?? any idea do they stock them?
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Ya they have them too. But with some scratches as they come in open packaging.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was also getting krrr noise in my 90 HP when turning steering on stationery especially turned at left.
    But noise vanished after using car for 2000 KM.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    That noise may be elastic pads related.get them changed under warranty to the new generation pads.

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

New padss cost 2700 each i.e, 5400 a set.Kava motors, opera house (selling fiat spare parts including all part of Linea and punto) is selling at Rs. 2000 a set and its original .Will get them checked at TASS and install.
  8. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    My linea elastic pads were change at 6k kms than at 12 k kms than at 18 k kms all under warranty. Now car has clocked 30k. No problem. last change was done with new design pads as per sa
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Even TASS told me about the new modified pads.I think will get them changed too after some time as I have to pay for them now.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    wow thats good news. will be making a road trip to mumbai soon. will definitely give them a visit.