1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Race chip tuning box for linea 1.3 MJD.. Is it advisable?

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by manasmadaan, Apr 25, 2011.

1. As far as my knowledge goes, the connectors will be the same. I believe the default factory setting would vary. If you still have doubts, try contacting the customer service of race chip, they are very prompt in addressing our queries.
  2. nah.. They are very prompt in giving non-sense response,for the past 3 days i had been asking them about the racechip for Punto explaining it to be Indian version and all sorts of technical stuff. Still they didnt give me the proper response.. you know what they gave me EVO version racechip as response to my question... but i managed to get it from our guys and have ordered as well. The only thing i have not done is attaching the manuals of PUNTO to them... The one i missed is the BS3 or BS4 concepts and the cable.
    1 person likes this.
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Lol !! Even i did not get a proper response from them. There is a e-mail template which they send when you ask them anything. The connectors are same for most of the cars. They just write the output so that people understand that it is also available for the older versions. Ex- people who have the Euro 3 versions can think it is only for BS4, but no its the same box which is fitted to all the cars.
  4. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    i have bought 3 racehips for punto, linea and palio...the connectors are the same. The only difference is the factory settings..

senthilraj
    2010 FIAT Palio 1.3 SDX
    1 person likes this.
  5. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    Today, removed Racechip after 5 K of running. and in the next 25 Kms run, felt that the vehicle ran freely than with Racechip on

My chip was on the default setting of DB1 all this while and I run a 75 HP Punto

Can someone who uses the chip update on the setting that they use at present.. ( at present I feel like I should not bolt it back as there is no difference, in fact reduced power)
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @pvgeorge:
    I have been using Racechip on my Punto Active 1.3 MJD. Its been pleasure to drive in city and highways. It has definitely improved the pain of lag.
    On highways, its response it too good. Also, the engine sound has reduced within the cabin.
    No issues of black smoke so far.
  7. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    Do you mind sharing the setting on which you are running Racechip on. I m not seeing any difference when kept at DB1 ( Default setting from Racechip)
  8. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @pvgeorge:
    Sorry for mis-typo. Its Race Dynamics DieselTronic and not race chip. But, I see some of the forum members have used racechip as well. Probably they can throw somelight.
  9. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I have found 2 settings from the internet.
    First Rotary to 2 and Second Rotary to 1
    First Rotary to 3 and Second Rotary to F

I have not personally test this but will soon do it.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    "First Rotary to 3 and Second Rotary to F"

@moksh
    This is the same in my case which im gonna test,but instead of 3 it will be 4,F remains the same. :)