1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Race chip tuning box for linea 1.3 MJD.. Is it advisable?

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by manasmadaan, Apr 25, 2011.

1. very true... i did my first oil change at 15000 kms but the engine was showing some signs due to it. in our dusty weather conditions, i think it s better to change the oil at 7500 kms. i ll do that from now on :)
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the catch here is your cars have hydraulic lash adjusters. the degraded oil hampers the valve timings apart from other stuffs. once you change the oil at 7500-8000 kms the engine remains brand new.

i have been using fully synthetic oil since 5-6 years in my other cars. no oil suffices 15000kms that too on petrol car.

and this selenia. its not even fully synthetic and on top of that its used in turbo diesel. it can no way suffice fully till 15000 kms.

dont fall from the marketing gimmick. if you want a proof take out the oil and check on viscosity meter.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    ^^ Good point Italia linea.

Another i'd like to add is that the Multijets run a timing chain, not a timing belt.
    The life and longevity of the timing chain depends upon the quality of oil in the engine.

So, oil changes at 7500 are not a bad idea at all.

Gurjinder.
  4. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Whether fully synthetic or not, Selenia is great oil. I use it in all my engines including race engines and so do my clients. In the 20 years I use it it has never given me any trouble whether in race engines or performance engines.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yes no doubt at all. i am using Petronas Syntium fully synthetic oils since long time. i never use castrols. i also very well know the heritage of malasian market leader petronas.

selenia will be great oil but again its not fully synthetic. here the service advisors also really dont know whether to call it fully synthetic or semisynthetic.

in indian hot conditions with heavy traffic where your radiator doesnt even receive cool air due to bumper to bumper traffic the oil degrades very quickly.

even Mobil1 fully synthetic lasts only 10-13000 kms depending on usage at the max.

Selenia- Semi synthetic- strictly 8000-10000 max.
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    For petrol cars and motorcyles , the best engine oil is Motul. Period.

For diesel engines however , the jury is still out. One oil i've been itching to try but cannot because of the warranty issues (?) is the fully synthetic Mobil Delvac 1 5w-40.

And , Petronas has taken over Selenia . So , expect a lot of technology sharing. Petronas and Selenia both market Tutela line of oils. I learnt about this when i got this Tutela gear oil for the Palio D from the Petrnoas dealer.

Gurjinder.
  7. HI All,

could anyone tell me can i use RACECHIP for Punto 1.3 Multijet 2011 model. browsed racechip site but confused with the connector type. please need you advice before ordering..
  8. Can you post pictures of the RACECHIP box ? I mean more specifically connector.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore