1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Race chip tuning box for linea 1.3 MJD.. Is it advisable?

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by manasmadaan, Apr 25, 2011.

1. thanks guys for all the inputs.. From what i ve gathered from all this and more on the net, a remap s definbately a better bet as compared to a tuning box.. The sad part is its unavailibilty in this part of the country.. ll wait for the remap as suggested for sometime though :)
  2. drifter

drifter Regolare

I claimed that rthe re-map can't be detected by the means Fiat has got. The examiner can't pick it up. but I did not indicate that it does not void the warranty.

The only way to find out for them is by going down the road experiencing the difference in acceleration.

The box RRR sellsis not working any different than other boxes. Don't believe all the sales talk.

The difference between the 90 and the 105 is the turbo and re-map.

@ Manasmadaan - We will sort yours.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  3. thanks drifter. i can come upto delhi if need be. I am really excited about this remap :)
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    seems u never heard of it...nevermind. Its not got the reputation of brands lik pete's and all as its still a new product in the market....i tried it for my punto and it works rather well.....there's a significant difference in pickup, and in-gear acceleration is far better than the stock car, also it is makes marginally less power compared to say RD ie; 90 as against 93, but u don have to be bothered abt engine life and smoking issues lik in pete's and RD
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

hmm.. what about TMC racing of UK. they have IM type boxes as against the regular common rail type boxes.

secondly. what turbos do both run? if i am right both have a VGT. what about other internals? pistons- conrods -ports etc?

do i conclude changing the turbo + remap on 90hp will convert my car to 105hp?
  6. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

i have been using Racechip on my palio 1.3 MJD since 6 months....and i have driven around 10k in it...i havent faced any issues till now...

the pickup of the car is amazing.....

Senthil raj
  7. thanks senthil...that was good news for me :)
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor