1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Race chip tuning box for linea 1.3 MJD.. Is it advisable?

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by manasmadaan, Apr 25, 2011.

1. http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chiptuning/Fiat-Linea-1-3-MultiJET-3869-r.html

Above is the site for race chip tuning box for linea MJD 1.3.
    I want to get it installed it in my car..

1) Is it advisable?

2) Is there a better tuning box than this? e.g Petes (that costs 28000 whereas this one costs 11000 if purchased online from germany)

Suggestions are welcome and thanks in anticipation :0
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You'll well be aware of the mighty 'chip vs remap' debate that has continued for long now.

Taking into consideration how these two things work , a remap is anyday a better option than the chip. A remap , a good one i should add , changes almost all the parameters concerned with the functioning of the engine , which is indeed a good thing.

The tuning chips , in their basic form ,simply dump more fuel in the engine, i.e. modifies only one parameter.
    And in diesels, More fuel = More exhaust gas temps= More stress on turbo and engine = Lesser engine life.

The remapping scene in India is pretty much in its infancy.

Make your choice wisely.

Gurjinder.
  3. thanks alot gurjinder but i ve some questions regarding this.

1. Will a remap not void my warranty?
    2. How much does it cost?
    3. is it available in chandigarh?
  4. gurjinder

Punjab
    1. drifter ( peter ), on this forum claims it will not. No pun intended, but that is something which one has to experience to believe.

2. No idea there. But ideally less than a Pete's box.

3. Nope. A dyno is a must for a custom or any remap i'd say , and we Chandigarhians dont have one yet.

Gurjinder.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    not exactly all tuning boxes are bad. it depends on what technology they incorporate. some are connected directly to the injectors and some to the common rail.
    remap has to be done very carefully by very highly experienced and skilled person with expertise in particular vehicles in particular country.
    for example linea in india and elsewhere will have different parameters.

before taking a plunge always investigate the product throughly.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I guess a Kiirus remap costs anything close to Rs20k (or 25k). My memory is getting weaker. Fastlove help us please!!

Edit- It's around 22k.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U can also look at the one from spider.....its CE(european emission standard) rated and there r no such issues lik black smoake and all....as it is tuned for indian conditions(diesel).
  8. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Where did you get this idea from?

Huh?
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    You yourself have claimed elsewhere in this forum that your remap cannot be detected , hence no issues on the warranty front. Correct me if im wrong.

Gurjinder.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    RED-ROOSTER racing down south deals with spider boxes if i remember right. they use a technology called adaptiv soft which alters the fuel qty only when needed and thats why no black smoke.

hey drifter- i asked one question in another thread and asking it again here. whats the mechanical difference between 1.3mjd 90hp and 105hp.