1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Race Chip installed in a Aug 2009 Model Punto(Odo-67230Km)

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by pradeepsangwan, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks buddy. I want to try once with race chip.mostly I will end up buying the normal race chip.
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Everyone
    I Have installed race chip pro 2 . And loving it . Definitely difference can be seen in performance and in milage.
    THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW WHEN INSTALLING.
    1) Make sure you install when there is no power supply throughout the car.Best to install in the morning when car is not used the whole night(6-8Hours).
    2) Do not cover with anything as company recommends.
    3) While changing the setting make sure you fit the cap back correctly so that the water couldnt enter the chip
    4) It's is recommended by RACE CHIP to use the default setting upto some k kms.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  3. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My first post on teamfiat after being a silent spectator for past 4 years...
    Reviving an old thread here...
    I own a 2012 Punto 75 hp active model. With my warranty coming to an end in feb, I'm planning to mod the car. I'm looking at a remap or a chip to take the performance to the next level. I'll also be fitting a GC / KN filter.
    I'm right now in Europe so will be able to pick up the RaceChip here (with no Delivery charges).
    Can I have an update on the performance from the guys here who have installed it? 10k inr seems like a decent enough amount to experiment. If this doesn't work out I'll probably sell it off amd go in for a Pete or ToT remap.
    Looking forward to a response.
    Thanks in advance!
  4. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why GC on 2012 model..this is already having high GC of 185mm? I have also purchased mine Race chip from Europe. Don't expect miracles but you will surely feel the difference.
    Also I will suggest use only OEM filter instead of KNfilter considering the fact of Indian dusty conditions.
  5. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you for your reply. Apologies for the confusion. By gc I meant green cotton air filter.

How does the racechip affect the low end torque? Particularly the 1st, 2nd gears.
  6. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You will love the response in 1,2 gear in plains but 3 will not remain as u were enjoying earlier
    ..also in hills I have found stock setting better to race chip
  7. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you for the feedback! Is the Racechip One good enough or the pro2? On paper there's just a difference of 3 bhp; not worth extra 100 eur imho.
  8. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am having the standard one..
    Not sure about pro2..there are users on the forum who can suggest
  9. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks! I'll update this thread once done.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Bassman you should PM @moksh. As said earlier and for clear idea, you could buy one for MJD or maybe contact Moksh who could be willing to sell. Not sure though about his latest selling plan.