1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Race chip for my linea MJD 2010

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by varunkatakam, Feb 11, 2015.

1. varunkatakam

varunkatakam Timido

hyderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Is it advisable to get a race chip installed in my linea MJD 2010?
    if yes, please suggest me the place where can i get it done in hyderabad.
    Thank you! :)
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    It's difficult to get it or may be I don't know because i got it from germany. You can look for some others or may be go for remap as lots of people have done it .A lot of people selling on forums as well.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am not against Racechip; but there is much more to Engine maps and fuel injection that is better achieved via remaps rather than just (spoofing) passing false parameters, which is what generic chips do. Please contact an expert remapper or contact Wolfmoto (Rajiv) and ask your queries. Adequate info on this forum too. The mjds are a fairly advanced breed of engines to risk fooling around with; that said risks will be involved with any modifications either remap or chip mods.

The good thing about remap is you can have finer control on injection parameters under different load conditions. Atleast in my limited understanding thats what Rajiv and guys achieve at Wolfmoto and still work and refine their programs (maps) based on user feedback. Experts please comment. @Italia-Linea please suggest further.

In short what I am saying is if you want to tweak based on engine and exhaust related data parameters, remap could be safer and worth the extra money spent. It also harnesses the computing power built within the ECU/ECM.