1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Race Chip Best Setting

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by moksh, Feb 7, 2015.

1. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Bassman I am out of reach , You may ask other members or ask support of race chip .I dont remeber the connectors....
    Bassman likes this.
  2. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Right so long story short, i reached out to the RaceChip guys with all the photographs. And they confirmed that the connector sent was incorrect. They sent a new connector cable (BIG thanks to @moksh for bringing it down from Germany - bro u r a life saver!)
    Fit it into the car and immediately put it into the highest setting advised - E2... And it is a monster!

I wanted to drive it for a few 1000 kms vefore posting here...

The car feels zippy as hell. Overtaking at low speeds is a breeze. Dont need to down shift at 30kmph on 4th gear to overtake. It just feels like a shot of red bull. Finally feels quick enough to take on a swift at low speeds as well. The car feels lighter. The trademark "large car laziness" that you associate with the punto is no longer there.

And the icing on the cake - the average has actually gone up by 1-2 kmpl!

Superb lil box! For ~10k,its a superb investment.

Niw planning the next upgrade... High performance air filters? Or a free flowing exhaust?
  3. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3

Its just a small help from my side . Enjoy your race chip ;)
  4. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Bassman How is your racechip doing , any new settings you tried...? Update Please
  5. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you share the pics of new connector cable?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Connectors are same , only thing he had received it wrong.
    pradeepsangwan likes this.
  7. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its been about 6 + months since I have been using the RaceChip in my Punto. Overall performance has been smooth. I still feel a perceptible extra bit of push, particularly when the odo crosses 1800. The turbo kicks in with an extra bit of oomph.

There are moments when the engine feels just a bit strained, but that usually coz I'm pushing her at 40-50 on 2nd gear for that close overtaking :)

I haven't opened up the chip since installation. It is still at the same setting of 'E2'. The car went through the routine servicing in Feb with no issues whatsoever.
  8. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Bassman Good to hear it from you , Even I haven't discovered the chip further but as far as my research on different forums found that people went slightly further on the settings and were enjoying it but due to the balance between efficiency and power they recommended E2 , if you want to take it further I can give you some settings , but I haven't tried them so can't tell anything about it. I will try once I am back.
    Bassman likes this.
  9. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @moksh i dont think I am going to tweak it. Honestly, I was considering a wolf remap, but have a few other things to do before I put in 25k into the car. So nothing for the next 6 months at least.
  10. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Bassman What about racechip then , are you planning to sell it. Why wolf any specific reason...?