1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Race Chip Best Setting

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by moksh, Feb 7, 2015.

1. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Moksh, I have tried all 3 setting given in manual of Race chip.
    B1: Default setting, car will start reviving in 1st and 2nd gear. And you will feel very little difference as compared to FIAT OEM setting.
    D1: Performance level1, Torque will be increased and car will give nice mileage on highways .. mine giving 23+ kmpl on highways.
    E2: Performance level2, Not used by me as i felt some strange noise when i switched on the car and i thought that there is some extra pressure on fuel pump. I may be wrong but didn't took the risk and reverted back to default Race chip setting i.e B1.

As per me B1 is best setting
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @pradeepsangwan B1 setting is like the product is not even getting used no doubt the average increases by 1-2 and slight difference in performance . But when I changed direct from B1- E2 its was a wow. If you have used D1 why not use that setting permanently. Did you try to take it further E2.
    @Bassman Good to hear that . Waiting for your post. Happy new year too
  3. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Right now I am using d1 but will nvr go for e2 ..also B1will surely shows the change but nothing that can increase ur BP
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
  5. Havenot

Havenot Timido

Punjab
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Moksh and Pradeep, I have been using E 3 setting on my Punto for last 10, 000 Kms after trying different combinations. have not faced any issue so far even during long drives.
    pradeepsangwan likes this.
  6. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Havenot..Are u also using Racechip which version ..standard or Pro and Punto 76hp or Punto 90hp?
  7. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Havenot Did you tried taking it further. Did you compare between E-2 and E-3 if so did you find noticable difference. I have only tried E-2 and felt wow
  8. Havenot

Havenot Timido

Punjab
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Apologies for late reply, E 3 is just a tad better then E2 , difference being only felt in 3rd gear when turbo kicks in. fuel economy is better in E2 over E3. I have tried higher settings but could not find any good combination. I am using basic version of race chip purchased in 2015 (55kw 16 v Jtd)
  9. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Havenot Thank you for the late reply. Even I have heard from different post E-2 And E-3 are the best settings. I Will soon try E-3.
  10. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMG_20160502_120947.jpg IMG_20160502_121103.jpg IMG_20160502_121057.jpg Hi
    I am trying to fit the racechip in my punto but the sockets don't fit! Here's what the punto socket looks like, vs the racechip
    Urgent help required... Can someone call me at 8888893383
    --- Double Post Merged, May 2, 2016 ---
    Does this symbol on the connector mean its for Mercedes? IMG_20160502_122545.jpg
    This is the model as per the bill
    1462172259824805946914.jpg
    Last edited: May 2, 2016