1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Race Chip Best Setting

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by moksh, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i dont think the trubo lag will be reduced due to the tuing box.For me the technical guys told that both the wheels should be moved clockwise.Yes, when hard revving and sudden accel pedal push black smoke can be seen.But what i felt it was like normal,not thick black smoke.
    With same settings S1-4 and S=F for 456kms with full AC ON got an mileage of 19.2kmpl with average speed of 61Kmph,purely 2 lane highway drive.
    So will try next wheel S1=4 and S2=1 ;)
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges Update please for new setting . I removed connection for race chip as my car was smoking badly at every gear without turbo kick. Will try settings this week .
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @moksh i have mixed feelings with tuning box.Though till now i'm impressed with switch S1=5 and S2=5 getting an mileage of 23.2 Kmpl for 235kms with sedate driving.
    Currently running on S1=7 and S2=5,with sprint drive got an mileage of 21.2Kmpl for the same stretch,will now settle with this setting only as it gives enough power and with sedate driving definitely mileage will be above 22Kmpl.
  4. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi @moksh
    Are you still using the RaceChip? I am currently in Europe and thinking of picking it up for my 2012 Punto Active before I return to India (no delivery charges! :D )
    My car has completed 4 years / 50k km so its out of warranty, so a remap is also feasible, but for 10K /- INR, the RaceChip looks like too much of a good option to miss out!
    You long term usage review - Is it worth it?
  5. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Bassman Yeah I am still using it , and will definitely use for my next car also. I am using this from last 2 years or more than that . Loved this product. My car is 6 years and a half year old and still running good. If you dont budget problem then also look for remap as TFians claim remap is better than chipping , but I didnt want to touch original ecu so choose this.I have Race chip pro 2. I am not sure if you can change the setting in Race chip one which is for 10k but in the videos it shows that you can change the setting. You can contact via email they are very prompt. SORRY FOR LATE REPLY
    Bassman likes this.
  6. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey thanks @moksh ! Your reply is not late at all. I saw a few inputs from you in the forum so wanted to know from a long term perspective.
    If you don't mind I have a couple of questions
    1. Does this improve the low end torque, particularly in the 1st and 2nd gear...
    2. Improved pick up overall? Car feels lighter?
    3. Have you tried it at the higher settings (D1 or E2)

I have already put the race chip Pro2 in my shopping cart... Just waiting to click submit!
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 15, 2015 ---
    I think you already answered my question in the other thread :)
    Will update once I order and receive the box. Thanks!

PS: for the budget, if I go in for this I'll save about 10k instead of a remap, which I can then use for an air filter upgrade and maybe new comps in the front
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  7. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Bassman
    1)Yes I personally feel all gear better after the setting changed. When I tried the setting first that was AC was switched off and my facial expression was like :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

2)Yes overall car feels lighter at highways and on the city I cannot kick the turbo often because its a sudden punch.
    3)After 2 years I have changed to E2 ,used B1 for 2 years . I would suggest you directly start from E2

Most of the people have Race chip one , its your call pro2 or one.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 15, 2015 ---
    @Bassman @Bassman Also people buy JTD I have bought MJD. Racechip.de has different models the latest one and racechip.com has older versions which has 30%+ improvements. I had bought from .de website as the models was same in both website.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    Bassman likes this.
  8. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm glad you mentioned that @moksh .
    I selected this :RaceChip Pro2, Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 JTD 16V Multijet (1248ccm/55kW)
    The specifications match the punto 2012. Also confirmed with customer care.
    There is no option for Fiat mjd.
  9. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Bassman if you choose grande punto you will get mjd lot of options.You can choose exactly same specs
  10. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are right. I was checking on racechip.com ... Racechip.de has the mjd option. This is the right one I assume
    Screenshot_20151015-075345.png