1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Race Chip Best Setting

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by moksh, Feb 7, 2015.

1. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Hello TFians
    I am using Fiat Linea with 1.3 MJD . I have purchased RaceChip Pro2(MJD) a year ago. Its in DB1 setting still(RaceChip Default) and haven't changed or tried new setting. I would like to now try some new settings . Can you please post what settings you are using and what settings you tried and why you use the current setting and not the tried one.
    Thank You
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi @moksh
    i recently installed chip from different brand,on invoice it have been mentioned that it comes with default settings .i.e DB1 same like as you mentioned.Unfortunately i have lost my manual.i believe the switch settings will be the same ? if possible can you please post here the manual snapshot of switch settings ? if you tried different switch settings then please advise the best settings.
  3. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges I have't tried any setting yet still on the default settings from i guess 2 years. Will Change it after 15th August and will let you know . Incase you have tried the setting please also let me know.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @moksh
    i have done lot of testing with different switch settings,the brand which i bought has switch change settings for S1,unlike Racechip i guess.Currently my switch setting is S1=4 and S2=B.Still trying to find the right spot,where i can get both power and economy.The current setting is little agressive.Will try till S1=7 (the maximum) and S2 = B,the technical support guy advised, not to change the S2 settings.lets see.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 5, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 5, 2015 ---

Switch setting

IMG_20150801_171340.jpg
  5. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges Can you please note down the setting for your reference and the FE you got and the response of your drive. It would be good for you and for others as well.Once I start to test it I will start posting.
    Ganges likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @moksh
    S1 switch settings increases 1.5% power for one movement of switch.i have not yet tweaked S2.i have requested the tech support team, how to reduce the turbo lag,they have asked me to change the S2 from B to F or B to 1(got reply yesterday).They are also not sure if it will reduce turbo lag.Will do weekend drive with S1=4 and S2=F.
  7. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges you may switch and test S2 to 1 as it was the default setting of my chip S1-B, S2-1. You Can test S1-2 and S2-1 as this setting I have got from one user and he likes the perfomance now. Please also check the fuel economy.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The default setting in my case was S1-1 and S2-B.In your case is S1=B and S2=1.
    To get more power, i have to change S1 and in your case it will be S2.

The default setting is very boring(B and 1),felt like stock.Didnt found any difference.
    i'm 100% sure that with S1=4 and S2=F will be more fun.As per tech support switch "B" is very less and turns off chip very early.Let me test with S2=F to comment more.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Following Mileage for S1=4 and S2=B

Trip A which includes ghat road of 16Kms and 30Kms of slow moving traffic.
    Trip B same stretch as Trip A but the tripmeter was set after finishing the ghat section.

In Trip B zone most of the time the speedo needle was hovering around 80-100Kmph.On empty stretch tried till 140Kmph.

Trip A.

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

Trip B

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg
  10. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges Thanx for the update. As per Race chip It says the perfomance changes to 1.5% each change to the first wheel. I had a question does the second wheel we need to do it anti-clock wise to remove turbo lag....? And what about black smoke have you noticed it...?