1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Quick remedies - Tips for common problems

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PatchyBoy, Jul 30, 2013.

  1. PatchyBoy

    PatchyBoy Esperto


    We usually face some minor niggles / issues and come up with a quick solution for the same. Usually, we do not think much of it, but when someone else looks at what we did, most often, they raise an eyebrow and think to themselves " Why did I not think of that?".

    Thought of starting a new thread where we can share these ideas, for two reasons:

    1. Others may find it useful and adapt.
    2. There might be some after effect of what we did, but never realized. Others are usually quick in pointing that out

    The general idea is - All of us collectively are smarter than any of us alone :D

    Let me start with this:

    The insulation pad under the Bonnet is held up by plastic clips in my T-Jet. I noticed that quite a few were missing. When I inquired with the SC, as usualy, they did not have stock and these clips were outrageously priced - IIRC, around Rs. 75 each. So, here is my quick remedy :D


    They have held up well and cost less than a cup of tea :D

    So guys, pour in those little fixes you did.

    11 people like this.
  2. ramjn

    ramjn Staff Member Janitor

    Linea 1.3
    You are genious. :D

    In my last service I paid Rs. 185.15 for 4 clips. See the details here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/5865-poetry-wheels-my-linea-mjd-27.html#post122381.
    The item is 'Retaining Block'.
    2 people like this.
  3. Sujit508

    Sujit508 Regolare

    Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Though this is Not a Quick-remedy DIY, But it will save us from the Fiat Spares Supply chain horrors.

    This DIY inspired by the DIY done by Vijay, during PUG days you can find the link to this here .
    This DIY is for the Palio, But I am sure will be similar to Punto and Linea.
    I will upload the pics taken while I fixed the same.

    1. remove the air vent with Flat head screwdriver inserted in the gap b/w the silver vent bezel and dashboard and gently prying it out.

    2. Separate the black air collector. The air Fins are pointing in every which direction.

    3. Separate the air mesh from the silver bezel.
    In the pic, We see the damage, the Air fins are held by sockets like structure, Which is broken on the middle fin.

    4. The Broken socket.

    5. Tried attaching the broken parts with fevikwik.. but fevikwik does not seem to hold with this material. So used Araldite.
    I could not find the broken pieces. as it was too small.
    I decided to use small part of plastic toothpic .


    6. Using a File, I cleared out the broken part,

    7. Stuck the Toothpic part, with araldite

    8. Remaining Araldite was put over other sockets, to make it more rigid and future proof
    The Finished look . Seems to work fine.
    8 people like this.
  4. PatchyBoy

    PatchyBoy Esperto

    Awesome. I especially like the idea of using that toothpick. Brilliant :clap


Share This Page